UND Community Music Program
UND Community Orchestra
The UND Community Orchestra, an adult novice string orchestra, runs during the fall and spring semesters. Registration is open to adults age 18 and up who play violin, viola, cello, bass, or harp. There is no audition required. The orchestra meets weekly on Thursday evenings.
Group Classes and Individual Lessons
- Lessons are 30 minutes long. One hour lessons are available upon request.
- Lessons offer individualized teaching to accommodate the level and abilities of every student.
- Reinforce and build upon school music lessons.
- Lessons are recommended especially for intermediate and advance players.
- Classes are one hour long.
- Playing with others is fun! Students will learn to play an instrument in a small group with other students of similar age and ability. Students that perceive one-on-one as "intimidating" often find class lessons more suitable to their learning style. Strings or piano classes can be just as fun as ballet or karate!
- Learn to collaborate with other students. Students can broaden their musiocal knowledge through group trivia, improvisation, and ensemble activities.
- Students can learn from their peers as well as their teacher.
- Start lessons before lessons are available at school.
- For string group lessons are an excellent opportunity to prepare for an audition for the Northern Valley Youth Orchestra.
- Adult string students can participate in a fulfilling enrichment activity and prepare themselves for the UND Community Orchestra!
Ten lessons/classes may be paid:
- by semester for $180
- in two installments of $90 per installment, payable before the first and sixth lesson/class.
An additional $20 registration fee will be due upon registration. Books/materials are the responsibility of the student, approximately $10.
A tuition refund will not be given following the start of classes.