UND Community Music Program
Group Classes and Individual Lessons
- Lessons are 30 minutes long. One hour lessons are available upon request.
- Lessons offer individualized teaching to accommodate the level and abilities of every student.
- Reinforce and build upon school music lessons.
- Lessons are recommended especially for intermediate and advance players.
- Classes are one hour long.
- Playing with others is fun! Students will learn to play an instrument in a small group with other students of similar age and ability. Students that perceive one-on-one as "intimidating" often find class lessons more suitable to their learning style. Strings or piano classes can be just as fun as ballet or karate!
- Learn to collaborate with other students. Students can broaden their musical knowledge through group trivia, improvisation, and ensemble activities.
- Students can learn from their peers as well as their teacher.
- Start lessons before lessons are available at school.
- For string group lessons are an excellent opportunity to prepare for an audition for the Northern Valley Youth Orchestra.
- Adult string students can participate in a fulfilling enrichment activity and prepare themselves for the UND Community Orchestra!
Tuition & Payment Options
Ten lessons/classes may be paid:
- by semester for $180
- in two installments of $90 per installment, payable before the first and sixth lesson/class.
An additional $20 registration fee will be due upon registration. Books/materials are the responsibility of the student, approximately $10.
A tuition refund will not be given following the start of classes.
Galina Dordevic, violin
Matthew Wellert, cello & bass
Isabella Kumagai, piano
Amanda Moreno, voice