Cello and Double Bass Studio
Learn more about our vibrant and supportive UND Cello and Double Bass studio, led by Dr. Simona Barbu.
UND Cello Day
This event open to precollege and college cellists with at least 2 years of cello instruction. Highlights include a masterclass with guest artist Leonardo Altino, Cello Choir and Cello Ensembles participation for all applicants, and a performance in a final concert with guest artist cellist.
The UND Cello and Double Bass program offers:
- Competitive undergraduate scholarships, graduate assistantships and graduate tuition wavers;
- Specialized instruction for cellists and bass players in solo, chamber music and orchestra literature;
- Recitals and master classes with world-renowned guest artists
- Performance opportunities throughout the region supported by the UND Music Department
- Opportunities to perform solo and chamber recitals in the Josephine Campbell Recital Hall
- Financial support for professional travel (e.g. summer festivals, conferences, etc.), production of DVD and CD recordings (e.g. school auditions, competitions, etc.), and acquisition of professional materials (e.g. scores, concert attire, etc.)
- Preparation for auditions for festivals, graduate schools, and competitions
Prospective students can arrange a visit to our campus and are encouraged to contact the cello faculty for an interview and a sample lesson (Skype lessons are also available). The Cello and Double Bass studio appreciates your interest and continued support. Please contact us for any questions or concerns.
Simona Barbu, D.M.
Assistant Professor of Cello,