Online tutoring is available for Math 98, 103, 107, 165, 166, 265 and 266.
Tutoring is provided live via Zoom, which allows the student to speak directly with a tutor, share their screen, and work collaboratively in a whiteboard space. The tutor will have a camera and will use both audio and video to communicate with a student. Students should be prepared to show their work, either by sharing their screen, posting a picture of their work to the whiteboard, or holding up a piece of paper with their written work to the camera (not ideal).
- These tutors are available through Zoom during the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of working students.
- Students will need to schedule an appointment to meet with these tutors.
- Students can bring specific questions or topics that they would like to work on with these tutors, or utilize their services for preparing for exams.
- Tutor cannot assist with take-home tests, quizzes, assessments, or complete assignments.
Find a Math Tutor
UND Learning Services has two dedicated tutors for online math classes who are specifically trained to tutor our online students.
Appointments with tutors should be scheduled through Starfish.
- Tutoring sessions can be scheduled for 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
- Course instructors will be available for drop-in online tutoring during the day at specific times. Check your course website to see when your instructor is available. If you cannot make it to the drop-in time, you can always email your instructor to set up an alternative meeting time.
Interested in Tutoring?
Interested in tutoring? If you have successfully completed MATH 165 (Calculus 1) and/or MATH 266 (Differential Equations) and are looking for tutoring opportunities, you can apply for a tutoring position. Check out the Become a Tutor webpage for future openings or fill out the interest form to be in contact with Learning Services.