Math Learning Center & Computer Lab
Math Learning Center
Stop by and visit the Mathematics Learning Center in Witmer 310. No appointment is necessary. We hope that you find the Center to be a good place to study, to get tutorial help, and to work on mathematics with your fellow students. Students at all levels are welcome.
- Tutors: Individual and group tutoring is offered for Applied Calculus I (Math 146), Calculus I (Math 165), and Calculus II (Math 166).
- Resources: Computers, books, and other resources are available for students. A larger set of computers is available in the UND Math Computer Lab.
- Peer Help: The Center is place for students to study and discuss mathematics problems and concerns with one another.
Be a Tutor
Would you like to be a math tutor?
Students who have completed Calculus III may be eligible for employment as tutors in the Mathematics Learning Center. If you are interested in serving as a tutor, please contact the MALL Director at 701.777.6868.
Work Study eligibility is not required to be a tutor.
Math Computer Lab
The Mathematics Computer Laboratory is located in the basement of Witmer Hall, room 2. Any UND student may use the Math Computer Lab whenever it is open and there is not a class scheduled to use it.
Reserve the Lab
Any UND faculty member may reserve the lab to use for his/her classes. The lab is in a large, spacious room, and computers are set up to facilitate instruction. Math classes have first priority for reservations and can make reservations as far in advance as they like. Non-math classes can make reservations up to one week in advance. Since the lab is supposed to be a homework lab as well as a teaching lab, we generally do not allow one class to reserve the entire semester's worth of a specific time slot.
To make a reservation, call 701.777.2881 and state that you are interested in reserving the lab. You will be asked for the date, time, and course. If the lab has not already been scheduled for that period, it will be reserved in your name.
22 Dell OptiPlex 9020 PC's
- 3.4 GHz i7 quad core
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 64 bit Windows 7 Professional
- 24" LCD Displays
- 16X DVD+/-RW SATA
- USB 2 & USB 3
- High Speed Internet
- TheSky (astronomy software)
- CLEA Exercise - Rotation of the Sun
- CLEA Exercise - Transits of Venus and Mercury
- CLEA Module - The Moons of Jupiter
- VIREO - The VIRtual Educational Observatory
- Anaconda3 2020.02
- MiniTab 17
- R (statistical software package)
- Geometer's Sketchpad
- TeX Live 2020
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Google Earth Pro
- MS Office 2019
- Laser printer connected to UND's uPrint system
Students who have completed Calculus II may be eligible for employment as a Lab Monitor in the Mathematics Computer Lab.
Generally, openings only become available at the beginning of the semester and new monitors are hired before classes start.
If you are interested in serving as a Lab Monitor, please check the UND Financial Aid Student Employment page.
Work Study eligibility is required to be a Lab Monitor.