The summer clinic is an intensive, six week therapy program that is designed to improve children's speech and language skills.
What is Our Mission?
It is the general mission of the UND Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic:
- to provide supervised academic and clinical instruction and research experience for students;
- to provide clinical services to individuals, groups and agencies within the University and greater Grand Forks area;
- to provide professional leadership within the local, state and national professional organizations;
- and to contribute to the body of knowledge concerning communication processes and communication disorders.
When is Summer Clinic?
The summer runs for six weeks starting the second week in June. Sessions are held Monday-Thursday and are offered on the hour from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Each daily intervention session lasts 50 minutes. There are no sessions on July 4. Preference is given to those who can attend 4 sessions per week.
Who Can Participate?
The summer clinic is designed to meet the needs of children and adolescents with various communication delays and disorders including:
- Children with language disorders.
- Children with speech sound disorders.
- Children with a medical diagnosis that impacts their communication (cleft palate, autism, etc.).
- Children who use augmentative or alternative communication.
- Children with fluency disorders.
What are the Costs?
The cost for the 6-week Summer Sessions are based per session. Northern Prairie Community Clinic accepts most insurances for speech-language pathology services and also has a comprehensive Financial Assistance Application for clients whose insurance benefits do not cover the service or are exhausted.
You must provide the clinic with the necessary insurance information by May 1. If you have questions or need additional information about fees and billing, please contact the Billing Specialist at 701-777-3691.
How Do I Register?
Contact the clinic at 701.777.3232 to request a clinic application and submit it with the application fee to the UND Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic. Space is limited and scheduling is done on a first come, first served basis.
Other Questions? Contact Summer Clinic Coordinator Sarah Robinson at 701.777.3723 or Sarah.Robinson@UND.edu.