If you have an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than communication sciences and disorders and wish to enroll in a master’s program in speech-language pathology, you may be lacking some required courses. Communication Sciences & Disorders offers a post-baccalaureate year of undergraduate coursework during which you can complete these courses.
To enroll in the post-baccalaureate program, you should:
- Apply as a degree seeking undergraduate student.
- Once admitted, you will be advised as to exactly which courses are needed.
- You will then apply for admission to the master’s program at the end of the first semester of the post- baccalaureate year.
Required Communication Sciences & Disorders Courses
Courses from other universities may be substituted for the following courses if they are equivalent. If the student does not have room for all the courses during the post-baccalaureate year, some courses may be taken after admission to graduate school.
- CSD 223 Phonetics (F) (3 Credits)
- CSD 231 Anatomy & Physiology (F) (4 Credits)
- CSD 235 Speech and Hearing Science (S) (4 Credits)
- CSD 333 Articulation & Phonological Development & Disorders (S) (4 Credits)
- CSD 340 Normal Language Structure (English syntax) (S) (3 Credits)
- CSD 343 Language Development (F) (3 Credits)
- CSD 343L Language Development Lab (F) (2 Credits)
- CSD 422 Neuroanatomy (S) (3 Credits)
- CSD 431 Introduction to Audiology (F) (3 Credits)
- CSD 434 Aural Rehabilitation (S) (3 Credits)
- CSD 438 Craniofacial Anomalies (S) (3 Credits)
- CSD 440 Language Disorders I (F) (3 Credits)
- CSD 441 Language Disorders II (S) (3 Credits)
- CSD 484 Clinical Practicum (F) (3 Credits)
- CSD 485 Clinical Practicum (S) (3 Credits)
Examples of Other Coursework
ASHA requires coursework in several other areas. The courses listed are examples available at UND. Other courses in these areas, from UND or other schools, are acceptable.
- Psyc 241 Introduction to Statistics (or equivalent) (4 Credits)
- A biological science: Biol 111, or equivalent
- A physical science: Phys 110, Chem 115 or equivalent
- A soclal/behavioral science: Psyc 111, 250, 270, or Soc 110 or equivalent