The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, with the support of Erwin and Colleen Martens, hosts a colloquium each fall.
This one day learning event is offered to invited guests as a “thank you” for service to our department. Our students rely on a network of speech-language pathologists invested in helping to educate future speech-language pathologists through clinical supervision. We appreciate your efforts and will continue to offer the colloquium to show our gratitude.
Amy Graham, MA, CCC-SLP
Amy received both her bachelor's and master's degrees in Communicative Disorders from California State University, Fullerton and has been an SLP for over 20 years. She runs a private practice, Graham Speech Therapy, in Colorado Springs that specializes in the assessment and treatment of children with speech sound disorders.
Amy is a frequent presenter, creator of numerous speech therapy materials and has been a guest on numerous SLP podcasts. Amy shares her passion for helping other SLPs by providing practical and real-world tips for treating all speech sound disorders on her social media accounts, including Childhood Apraxia of Speech, lateral lisps, and phonological disorders, as well as demonstrating how to incorporate thorough oral-facial exams into speech assessment batteries to help with differential diagnosis of speech sound disorders.
* This event has been pre-approved for six continuing education hours by the ND State Licensure Board.
Past CSD Speakers
- 2021- The Swingset Mamas- Marlowe Bechmann and Lizzie Swan
- 2020- The CSD annual colloquium was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- 2019 - Dr. Robert Owens, Albany, NY*
- 2018 - Ellen Engstrom & Meghan Miller, Groves Academy, St. Louis Park, MN*
- 2017 - Anne Carlson Center, Bismarck, ND*
- 2016 - Dr. Jerry Hoepner, Eau Claire, WI*
- 2015 - Mrs. Monica Gustafson, Winnipeg, MB*
- 2014 - Ms. Nancy Shippam & Ms. Carole Conyers, Winnipeg, MB*
- 2013 - Mrs. Pam Marshalla, Private Practice, Millcreek, WA*
- 2012 - Dr. Tommie Robinson, Director, Scottish Rite Center, Washington, DC*
- 2011 - Mrs. Sarah Ward, Private Practice, Boston, MA*
- 2010 - Dr. Suzanne Moineau, Prof. California State University, San Marcos, CA*
- 2009 - Mrs. Jen Taps, M. S. School Practice, San Diego USD, CA*
- 2008 - Dr. Rita Bailey, Prof. Illinois State University*
- 2007 - Mrs. Mary Kay Therres, Children's Hospital, Philadelphia, PA*
- 2006 - Mrs. Rachel Arntson, Private Practice, Minneapolis, MN*
- 2005 - Dr. Heather Clark, Prof. Appalachian State University, NC (Supported by CSD, UND)
- 2005 - Dr. Hanna Ulatowska, Prof. University of Texas, Dallas, TX (Supported by EpsCoR, ND)
- 2004 - Dr. Richard Shine, Prof. Emeritus, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC (Supported by ORPD, UND)
- 2003 - Dr. Richard Hurtig, Prof. University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (Supported by OID, UND)
*Supported by Colleen & Erwin Martens Endowment