Itterman Professional Development
The Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award was established in order to support a teaching award for a faculty member demonstrating excellence in teaching, research, and service within the College of Arts & Sciences. The maximum award will be $1,500. The grant period is calendar year 2019.
Department Chairs and Program Directors are invited to nominate a faculty member for
the Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award. (Any full-time faculty—including
those on special appointment—in any College of Arts & Sciences department or program
are eligible. The deadline for nominations is March 8, 2019.
Any full-time faculty — including those on special appointment — in any College of Arts & Sciences department or program are eligible.
- Department Chairs and Program Directors are invited to nominate a faculty member for the Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award.
- Letters of nomination should be no longer than 2 pages and include a description of how the faculty member is an exemplary educator while also maintaining excellence in her/his research and service activities. If necessary, you may be asked for additional information at a later date. Chairs/Directors are welcome to include faculty in the nomination process if they choose.
- Please limit your submission to one nomination per department/program.
Award Selection Criteria
The College of Arts & Sciences Executive Council will be asked to rank the nominations and make a recommendation to the Dean who will make a final decision.
- The awardee will be asked to work with Tanya Butler (tanya.butler@UND.edu), Engagement Coordinator for the College of Arts & Sciences, to send a letter of appreciation to the sponsors of the award.
- The Itterman Faculty Professional Development award and College of Arts & Sciences support for the project must be acknowledged in resulting presentations, publications, exhibits, performances, etc.
- UND policies and procedures must be followed for expenditure of funds including purchases, reimbursements, payroll appointments and hiring processes. Please note that according to UND policy, anything purchased with UND funds is the property of UND.
Deadline and Submission of Proposals
March 8, 2019: Nominations are due to the A&S Dean’s Office in MS Word or PDF format. Please submit to Carla Spokely via email at: carla.spokely@UND.edu. In the email subject line, please type “Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award.”
Spring 2019, Date TBA: Award is announced at A&S All-College Meeting.
Please direct questions to Lucian Stone, Faculty Fellow for Research & Creative Activities, College of Arts & Sciences, at 777-3011 or lucian.stone@UND.edu.