Itterman Faculty Professional Development
The award is for a faculty member demonstrating excellence in teaching, research, and service within the College of Arts & Sciences.
The maximum award will be $3,000. The grant period is calendar year 2022. Department Chairs and Program Directors are invited to nominate a faculty member for the Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award. Deadline for nominations is March 21, 2022.
Any full-time faculty — including those on special appointment — in any College of Arts & Sciences department or program are eligible.
- Department Chairs and Program Directors are invited to nominate a faculty member for the Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award.
- Letters of nomination should be no longer than two pages and include a description of how the faculty member is an exemplary educator while also maintaining excellence in her/his research and service activities. If necessary, you may be asked for additional information at a later date. Chairs/Directors are welcome to include faculty in the nomination process if they choose.
- Please limit your submission to one nomination per department/program.
Award Selection Criteria
The College of Arts & Sciences Executive Committee will be asked to rank the nominations and make a recommendation to the Dean who will make a final decision.
- The awardee will be asked to work with the College of Arts & Sciences Dean's office staff to send a letter of appreciation to the sponsors of the award.
- The Itterman Faculty Professional Development award and College of Arts & Sciences' support for the project must be acknowledged in resulting presentations, publications, exhibits, performances, etc.
- UND policies and procedures must be followed for expenditure of funds including purchases, reimbursements, payroll appointments and hiring processes. Please note that according to UND policy, anything purchased with UND funds is the property of UND.
Deadline and Submission of Proposals
March 21, 2022
Nominations are due to the A&S Dean’s Office in MS Word or PDF format. Please submit via email to UND.artssci@UND.edu. In the email subject line, please type “Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award.”
May 2, 2022
May 16, 2022
Award payout to recipient.
December 31, 2022
All award monies must be spent.
January 31, 2023
Final report due to the College of Arts & Sciences Dean's office. Please submit the report in MS Word format via email to UND.artssci@UND.edu.