Guides and Resources
2021-2022 Pre-Health Guides
Pre-health guides are updated yearly and offer an overview of the application process including information regarding academics, entrance exams, life experiences, involvement, and required courses specific to each program.
- Pre-Chiropractic Guide
- Pre-Dentistry Guide
- Pre-Medicine Guide
- Pre-Optometry Guide
- Pre-Osteopathic Medicine Guide
- Pre-Pharmacy Guide
- Pre-Physician Assistant Guide
- Pre-Podiatry Guide
- Pre-Veterinary Guide
Test Preparation, Application, and Interview
Resources to help you gear up for some of the major milestones on your path to health professional school including the entrance exam, application, and admissions interview.
- DAT Preparation - Materials and Timeline
- GRE Preparation - Materials and Timeline
- MCAT Preparation - Materials and Timeline
- OAT Preparation - Materials and Timeline
- PCAT Preparation - Materials and Timeline
- Exam Study Plan/Schedule Template
- Application Information for 2023 Matriculation
- Instructions for Letters of Recommendation Seekers and Authors
- WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education)
- Students whose home state of residency does not have a health professional school may enroll in participating health professional programs in another state through WICHE's Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP) and receive tuition support. NDUS has additional information on Student Exchange and Reciprocity Programs, including PSEP, as well as how to apply.
- UND's Career Services offers 1:1 appointments and access to Interview Stream to help you prepare for your health professional school interviews.
- Possible Interview Topics and Questions from Admission Committees was originally produced by the UND SMHS, this handout has questions on it that most Admission Committees from most health professional schools will ask applicants during interviews.
- 35 Questions I wish I had asked during my interview was published by AAMC. These questions can certainly be used by any Pre-Health student trying to decide where to attend graduate school.
Health Professional Resources
Explore your health profession's national organization and learn more about the career and accredited institutions.
AAMC (American Association of Medical Colleges)
- Links to all U.S. and Canadian medical schools
- MCAT test information, MCAT Test Guide, online MCAT registration
- AMCAS information, AAMCAS online application
AACOM (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine)
Links to all U.S. and Canadian osteopathic schools AACOMAS information, AACOMAS online application
ACA (American Chiropractic Association)
- Links to all accredited chiropractic schools
- Information on the profession, etc.
CCE (Council on Chiropractic Education)
- Provides a list of accredited chiropractic programs and institutions
- General information on chiropractic education
FCLB (Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards)
- Information on accreditation, state education and licensure requirements
ASCO (Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry)
- Links to all US schools and colleges of optometry
- OAT test information, online OAT registration
- OptomCAS information, OptomCAS online application
AAO (American Academy of Optometry)
- Promotes the art, science and research of vision care
- Links to optometry organizations, publications, schools of optometry and optometrists
AACP (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy)
- Links to U.S. colleges and schools of pharmacy with ACPE accredited programs, U.S. colleges and schools of pharmacy seeking ACPE accreditation, and Canadian and international colleges and schools of pharmacy
- Links to related pharmacy organizations
PharmCAS (Pharmacy College Application Service)
AACPM (American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine)
- Links to all 9 colleges of podiatric medicine
- Admission requirements
- AACPMAS information, AACPMAS online application
APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association)
- Links to all accredited podiatry schools
- Info on the profession, licensing, career opportunities, organizations, etc.
AAVMC (American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges)
- Links to all member US, Canadian and International veterinary schools
- Information on all 27 U.S. Veterinary Medical Colleges, 4 Canadian Colleges of Veterinary Medicine, Departments of Veterinary Science and Comparative Medicine, and animal medical centers
- VMCAS information, VMCAS online application
AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)