Indian Studies Association
ISA promote a better understanding of cultures between students, faculty, staff, and the greater Grand Forks region.
Our purpose is:
- To encourage communication among student and alumni members, faculty, staff, and administration.
- To establish a sense of community among all UND Indian Studies majors and minors.
- To help with the recruiting and retention of students into the Indian Studies department.
- To foster a closer relationship between current Indian Studies students and Indian Studies alumni.
- Interact with Indian programs at UND and nationally. Increase cultural awareness by providing workshops and other events throughout the academic school year.
- Provide input to American Indian Studies Faculty and to recognize outstating contributions to the American Indian Community.
ISA Officers and Advisors
Advisor: Birgit Hans
President: Hannah Balderas
Secretary: Marissa Llanes
Treasurer: Danielle Schindele
Members at Large: Domeequo Beston, Elspeth Thomas, Marcus Viver, Christian Peltier, Aja Hoskin, Makayla Platt.
Follow ISA on Facebook
For more information or to contact us please see our Facebook page.