Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate Teaching Assistantship (UTA) opportunities are available in the Department of Communication. The UTA position satisfies the experience component of the curriculum.
UTA responsibilities may include:
- Teaching lessons
- Working with technology
Students will earn a max of 2 credits in a semester for being a UTA and can take up to 8 credits overall. Students must successfully complete the UTA experience under the supervision of a Communication faculty member or instructor.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be of Junior or Senior status (60+ credits)
- Must have earned an 'A' in the course that the student wants to be a UTA
- Must participate in additional training (FERPA, instructional, etc.)
- Comm Majors/Minors are preferred, however other Majors may be considered
- Students not meeting the Junior or Senior status requirement can still apply, as applications are evaluated on a case by case basis
UTA Spring 2021 Form
Complete the UTA Spring 2021 form to be reviewed for eligibility. After grades and GPAs are posted for the semester, students will be reviewed and contacted about being a UTA.
Instructions for Faculty and Instructors
Faculty are responsible for finding students that would be interested in being a UTA for their classes. We encourage faculty to actively recruit students who meet the requirements and would be a great fit for this experience. When you have found a student, please direct them to talk with our Academic Advisor, Desi Anderson about becoming a UTA.
The Department of Communication Office and our Undergraduate Academic Advisor are not responsible for finding students who would like to be a UTA. The Office will help facilitate the process once a student has been selected.