Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate Teaching Assistantship (UTA) opportunities are available in the Department of Communication. The UTA position satisfies the experience component of the curriculum.
UTA responsibilities may include:
- Teaching lessons
- Working with technology
Students will earn a max of 2 credits in a semester for being a UTA and can take up to 8 credits overall. Students must successfully complete the UTA experience under the supervision of a Communication faculty member or instructor.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be of Junior or Senior status (60+ credits)
- Must have earned an 'A' in the course that the student wants to be a UTA
- Must participate in additional training (FERPA, instructional, etc.)
- Comm Majors/Minors are preferred, however other Majors may be considered
- Students not meeting the Junior or Senior status requirement can still apply, as applications are evaluated on a case by case basis
Complete the UTA fall 2019 form to be reviewed for eligibility:
*After grades and GPAs are posted for the semester, students will be reviewed and contacted about being a UTA.
Instructions for Faculty and Instructors
Faculty are responsible for finding students that would be interested in being a UTA for their classes. We encourage faculty to actively recruit students who meet the requirements and would be a great fit for this experience. When you have found a student, please direct them to talk with our Academic Advisor, Desi Anderson about becoming a UTA.
The Department of Communication Office and our Undergraduate Academic Advisor are not responsible for finding students who would like to be a UTA. The Office will help facilitate the process once a student has been selected.