The department of Physics & Astrophysics has active research programs in condensed matter theory, condensed matter experiment and astrophysics.
There are many research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Consult our faculty if you would like to get involved!
- Dr. Wayne Barkhouse - Dark Energy, Galaxy Clusters
- Dr. Tim Young - Interstellar Hydrodynamics, Supernovae Explosions, Particle Astrophysics, Energetic Propulsion
Condensed Matter Physics
- Dr. Deniz Cakir - Computational Condensed Matter, 2D Materials, MAB Phases
- Dr. Yen Lee Loh - Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Strongly Correlated Quantum Materials, Mathematical Biology, Machine Learning, Quantum Information Science
- Dr. Kanishka Marasinghe - Atomic-Level Structure-Property Relationships in Novel Materials (Experimental)
- Dr. Nuri Oncel - Scanning Probe Microscopy, Low Dimensional Physics, Device Physics, Thermoelectric Materials