The department of Physics & Astrophysics has active research programs in condensed matter theory, condensed matter experiment and astrophysics.
There are many research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Consult our faculty if you would like to get involved!
- Dark Energy - Dr. Barkhouse
- Galaxy Clusters - Dr. Barkhouse
- Globular Clusters - Dr. Barkhouse
- Interstellar Hydrodynamics - Dr. Young
- Supernovae Explosions - Dr. Young
Condensed Matter Physics
- Condensed Matter Theory - Dr. Loh
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy/Spectroscopy - Dr. Oncel
- High Pressure Physics - Dr. Marasinghe
- Magnetic Materials - Dr. Marasinghe
- Novel Vitreous Materials - Dr. Marasinghe
- Superconductivity - Dr. Loh
- Ultra phosphate optical Materials - Dr. Marasinghe
- Low Dimensional Physics - Dr. Oncel