Support the Program
Whether you are a graduate, a forensic science specialist, or an interested citizen, there are numerous ways to support the forensic science program.
Opportunities exist in the near future and for years to come. Consider a few of the possibilities below:
Your funds create scholarships, support student travel to the annual American Academy of Forensic Sciences meeting, support students who participate in public learning fairs, and provide access to current technology and databases relevant to budding forensic scientists.
Certain used laboratory equipment such as microscopes; Old 10 gal fish tanks make great fuming chambers, even when cracked; gun enthusiasts generate useful spent cartridge collections and firearms components (no live ammunition or working firearms please); many items are useful, just ask.
Law Enforcement and Crime Laboratory Personnel
Donate Your Experience
- Offer to give guest lectures for classes or the Forensic Science Club.
- Offer to demonstrate your skills in a laboratory or field exercise. Invite our students to your institution for a tour.
- Support forensic science or criminal justice internships in your institution whenever
- Internships can be at any time of year.
- Take the option of offering internships on an irregular cycle instead of annually, in order to maintain interest in taking new interns.
If your lab is surplussing older but functioning equipment, consider a donation to the program!