Where science and criminal justice meet.
The Forensic Science program provides a cross-discipline education and a solid science background as part of a law enforcement career, crime scene technician, DNA analyst or trace evidence analyst.
Although the natural and physical sciences are emphasized, this major is the gateway to discovering orensic applications (who knew there were forensic veterinarians?). Students majoring in Forensic Science may follow one of four unique sub-plans, including:
- Forensic Wildlife Biology
- Forensic Molecular Biology
- Chemical Analysis
Forensic Science Program Information
- A forensic teaching laboratory, not an academic laboratory. Our students are grounded in the culture of the forensic laboratory, especially in the areas of security, chain of custody, and forensic report writing.
- A cohort of students who annually attend the American Academy of Forensic Sciences annual meeting. This travel is supported by their fundraising activity and alumni support.
- Community engagement through fundraising activities and science outreach in conjunction with the Dakota Science Center's Science Day each April.