The National Science Foundation has awarded a grant to the University of North Dakota to support a scholarship program for students majoring in biology, chemistry, environmental studies, geography & GISc, mathematics, or physics & astrophysics. The US MASTER scholarship program may provide financial support for up to 4 years (if the renewal criteria are satisfied and funding available) covering tuition & fees. It is subject to competitive selection with support ranging between $4,000 and $6,000 a year depending on the eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility for student financial aid based on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form demonstrating need for the financial award. The need is determined as a cost of attendance (COA) minus Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- High school GPA ≥3.5 or ACT ≥25 for entering students
- For UND and transfer students college GPA ≥3.0
- Full time enrollment in one of the science majors listed above
- US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Personal statement (~300 words) describing interest in sciences, the importance of the US MASTER scholarship, interest in science-oriented research with regard to future career. Please note that students with pre-professional career goals (e.g. medical school) are only eligible if they demonstrate an interest in research or similar science/mathematics experience.
- One-Two recommendations. One of the recommendations should be from an instructor/teacher or others involved in the applicant's educational experience.