- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Give Now
Welcome to Chemistry!
Welcome to the University of North Dakota's Department of Chemistry. Almost every area of advancing scientific knowledge and technology relies on chemistry including medicine, applied physics, biotechnology, materials science, sustainability, and much more. As the foundation of all molecular sciences, Chemistry examines the physical properties of molecules, chemical bonds between atoms, and molecular interaction between substances.
The Chemistry Department has 15 faculty members, all of whom have earned the Ph.D. degree. Since 1985, the department and its faculty have won eleven awards from the University for excellence in research and teaching.
- Chemistry Department Seminar, August 28th at Noon in Abbott Hall Room 138.
- 1st-Year Chemistry students join us for seminar AS-299-02 2192 to learn about all aspect of Chemistry and its studies.
- APPLY NOW! - Chemistry Majors receive up to $10,000 a year through a US Master scholarship
- Enroll in Chem 443 -Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Enroll in A&S 299 -Nanoengineering & Nanoscience
- Dr. Irina Smoliakova awarded The Elmer and Min West Faculty Award from Arts & Sciences.
- UND Chemistry Graduate Students Awarded 2015 Young Investigator Awards.
- Spotlight on Faculty: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Jerome Delhommelle
- UND Chemistry Graduate Student Anastasia Artemyeva has been selected for the 2015 SciFinder Future Leaders in Chemistry program
- UND Chemistry Faculty Dr. Chu, Dr. Kubatova & Dr. Zhao receive promotions.
- Dr. Alena Kubatova awarded The Outstanding Faculty Scholar Award from UND.