- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
The College of Arts and Sciences at UND offers excellent preparation for students seeking to enter health professional schools in such areas as medicine, osteopathic medicine, dentistry, optometry, chiropractic, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, podiatry and mortuary science.
The Pre-Health programs offered at UND in the College of Arts and Sciences set guidelines and timetables for students to successfully complete prerequisite coursework and other requirements relating to individual fields.
These programs are not majors and do not lead to a degree from UND however. In order to graduate with a degree from UND, students must:
- Choose a Major and complete the specific requirements of that major as determined by the department responsible for that major
- Complete Essential Studies Requirements
- Complete 125 semester credits (36 of which must be upper divisional credits)
In order to join one of the UND Pre-Health programs, freshmen students (planning to finish in 4 years) must:
- Officially declare the Pre-Health program of their choice. Visit us in Columbia Hall, Room 1000.
- Activate and use their UND e-mail account.
- Attend all freshmen group advising meetings during fall semester.
- Attend one freshmen group advising meeting during spring semester.
- Complete the following courses, with a C grade or better, before the start of sophomore year:
- Bio 150-151, with labs
- Math 103 (may test out of this with an equivalent ACT Math score or Compass Math Test score)
- Chem 121-122, with labs
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Visit with their major advisor.
Older students wishing to join or switch Pre-Health programs should schedule an appointment to meet with a Health Sciences Advisor.
In order to stay in any of the UND Pre-Health Programs, all students must:
- Complete any prerequisite coursework for the professional school or program of their choice as advised.
- Maintain a competitive cumulative GPA (3.0 minimum).
- Take the standardized entrance exam for their field of choice.
- Visit with a Health Sciences Advisor regularly.
- Visit with their major advisor regularly.
Current students: visit the College of Arts & Sciences advising page for information about our Health Sciences Advisors and how to schedule an appointment.
Prospective students: schedule a visit through UND Admissions or by calling 1.800.CALL.UND.