- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
The National Science Foundation has awarded a grant to the University of North Dakota to support a scholarship program for students majoring in biology, chemistry, geography, or mathematics. The US MASTER scholarship program may provide financial support for up to 4 years (if the renewal criteria are satisfied and funding available) covering tuition & fees. It is subject to competitive selection with support ranging between $4,000 and $10,000 a year depending on the eligibility criteria.
Fall admission into US MASTER program are the following: You can apply after the deadline, but priority will be given to those who do. Your application will still be considered if the funding allows.
- APPLICATIONs are currently closed, until new funding is obtained, please contact us is you have any questions
- Complete the UND admission application at on the admission web site.
- Full time enrollment in biology, chemistry, geography or mathematics degree program.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); this is required to demonstrate unmet need for the financial award package to be provided by UND.
- Have a completed personal statement (~300 words) describing your interest in science and/or mathematics, the importance of the US MASTER scholarship, interest in science-oriented research with regard to your future career goals.
- Complete Financial FERPA Privacy Release form listing US MASTER (your will need a code)
- Have the contact information of two recommenders. A link will be provided to each recommender when you fill in the application online. Make sure to provide them with the information listed here .
- College students (returning or transfer) need to submit a transcript: An unofficial copy of the transcript is acceptable.
- Once you have gone through the checklist, please fill and complete the Application
- Once you have completed your application, a link will be emailed to those you requested a recommendation letter from. They will be able to upload their letters through that link.
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or to provide feedback regarding the website. Email: und.US_Masters@und.edu