- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Visit us!
- Financial aid
- Accepted participants
- Regular UND students
Degrees and certificates
Stay in touch
Materials for teaching linguistics developed at SIL-UND
- Bickford, Albert and Steve Marlett. Graduate school: Is it for me? (A short paper containing advice for students who are considering whether to pursue a graduate degree in linguistics, especially for those whose career involves field linguistic research.)
- Bickford, Albert. Using ELAN: A getting-started guide for use with sign languages.
- Marlett, Stephen A. Phonology From the Ground Up: The Basics. (Focuses on postlexical phonology.)
Another textbook is available from the SIL International website:
- Marlett, Stephen A. 2001. An Introduction to Phonological Analysis. (The author recommends using the newer manuscript above; the books are quite different.)
Still others developed at SIL-UND may be ordered separately from the SIL International Publications Catalog, including:
- Bickford, Anita, and Rick Floyd. 2003. Articulatory Phonetics: Tools for Analyzing the World's Languages. Fourth edition.
- Bickford, J. Albert. 1998. Morphology and Syntax: Tools for Analyzing the World's Languages.
- Dooley, Robert A. and Stephen H. Levinsohn. 2000. Analyzing Discourse: A Manual of Basic Concepts.