- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
Leave this field empty
Pre-application form ("Step 1") for applying to SIL-UND
This form is for the Summer 2018 session.
Last updated: 2017-10-01
This form is for students who want to apply to take classes from SIL-UND. It helps us evaluate your eligibility for the program and to determine what additional steps you need to complete.
Before you begin
You must complete the entire form in one session, which takes 15-30 minutes. We regret that there is no way to save your work between sessions, so don't close your browser until after you push the “submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Please prepare by doing the following things before starting to fill in the form. If you don't, you risk losing your work.
- Read the overview of the application process, if you have not just done so to get to this form.
- Check the calendar for the SIL-UND program, which differs from the regular UND summer session. Late arrivals and early departures are permitted only by special permission from the SIL Director, and may result in grade penalties or other consequences. By submitting an application and subsequently registering for SIL-UND classes, you are agreeing to this calendar.
- Know the website address (URL) of colleges and universities where you have received degrees.
- Calculate your GPA for all previous college-level coursework. If your overall GPA is less than 2.75, also calculate your GPA for your most recent two years as an undergraduate.
- If you've taken SIL-UND courses before, calculate your GPA in SIL-UND courses.
- If you are not a native speaker of English: find your TOEFL or IELTS, score, ELS level, or other evidence of English proficiency (such as a BA from certain countries, see details below).
- Look at the course descriptions and decide what courses you (tentatively) want to take. Be sure to check that you have the prerequisites for each course you want to take. If you have questions, feel free to contact the SIL-UND director for advising before filling in the form.
If you have questions about this form or any other aspect of the program, please contact us.
Items with an asterisk (*) are required.
It is the policy of the University of North Dakota that there shall be no discrimination against persons because of race, religion, age, creed, color, sex, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, veterans' status, or political belief or affiliation, and the equal opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all.