- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
Leave this field empty
Pre-application form ("Step 1") for applying to SIL-UND
This form is for the Summer 2019 session.
Last updated: 2018-09-20
This form is for students who want to apply to take classes from SIL-UND. It helps us evaluate your eligibility for the program and to determine what additional steps you need to complete.
Before you begin
This form works best on a computer or other large screen. You must complete the entire form in one session, which takes 15-30 minutes. We regret that there is no way to save your work between sessions, so don't close your browser until after you push the “submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Before starting to fill in the form, please prepare by doing the following things. If you don't, you risk losing your work.
- Read the overview of the application process, if you have not just done so to get to this form.
- Check the calendar for the SIL-UND program, which differs from the regular UND summer session, and make sure you can come at that time.
- Know the website address (URL) of colleges and universities where you have received degrees.
- Find your GPA for all previous college-level coursework. If your overall GPA is less than 2.75, also find your GPA for your most recent two years as an undergraduate.
- If you've taken SIL-UND courses before, find your GPA in SIL-UND courses.
- If you are not a native speaker of English: find your TOEFL or IELTS score, ELS level, or other evidence of English proficiency (such as a BA from certain countries, see details below).
- Look at the course descriptions and decide what courses you (tentatively) want to take. Be sure to check that you have the prerequisites for each course.
If you have questions about any of this, please contact us.
Items with an asterisk (*) are required.
Other academic information
Please indicate the courses you are interested in taking this summer. We use this information for planning purposes; you may change your choices later. Official registration takes place in Grand Forks the day before classes begin (see our calendar).
For more details about each course, please see our course listings.
If you are taking SIL courses in order to satisfy degree requirements at another institution, or to satisfy training requirements of an organization that you would like to join or work for, please check with that institution or organization to make sure that what you plan to take will meet their requirements.
To avoid scheduling conflicts, pick all your courses from the same course package or group. If you are interested in a combination of courses other than one of the normal packages or groups, we cannot promise that you'll be able to do so, and your choices this year may result in problems if you take courses with us in future years. Our anticipated class schedule can help you decide, but it is best to discuss your plans with us ahead of time.
Your contact information
Thanks for your patience and persistence!
We will notify you by email when we receive your submission.
It is the policy of the University of North Dakota that there shall be no discrimination against persons because of race, religion, age, creed, color, sex, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, veterans' status, or political belief or affiliation, and the equal opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all.