- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
Welcome to the UND Cello and Double Bass studio page! Here you can learn some things about this exceptional, vibrant and supportive UND Cello and Double Bass studio, which is led by Dr. Simona Barbu.
Degrees offered at UND with Cello and Double Bass emphases are:
- Bachelor of Music Performance in Cello and Double Bass
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (Cello and Double Bass)
- Bachelor of Music Education (Cello and Double Bass)
- Bachelor of Music Therapy (Cello and Double Bass)
- Master of Music in Cello and Double Bass Performance
The UND Cello and Double Bass program offers:
- Competitive undergraduate scholarships, graduate assistantships and graduate tuition wavers;
- Specialized instruction for cellists and bass players in solo, chamber music and orchestra literature;
- Recitals and master classes with world-renowned guest artists
- Performance opportunities throughout the region supported by the UND Music Department
- Opportunities to perform solo and chamber recitals in the Josephine Campbell Recital Hall
- Financial support for professional travel (e.g. summer festivals, conferences, etc.), production of DVD and CD recordings (e.g. school auditions, competitions, etc.), and acquisition of professional materials (e.g. scores, concert attire, etc.)
- Preparation for auditions for festivals, graduate schools, and competitions
Prospective students can arrange a visit to our campus by filling out the form here and are encouraged to contact the cello faculty for an interview and a sample lesson (Skype lessons are also available). The Cello and Double Bass studio appreciates your interest and continued support. Please contact us for any questions or concerns.
Simona Barbu, D.M.
Assistant Professor of Cello,