- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Athletic Bands
- Concert Bands
- Jazz Ensembles
- Opera Studio
- Chamber Ensembles
- Steel Pan
Keyboard Skills I (MUSC 133)
All technical skills must be played from memory.
- All major Scales:
- Hands together, with a consistent tempo and logical fingering
- Scale Fingerings
Harmonize at sight one simple melody with or without given chords, using I, IV, V, and V7 chords.
- Study examples: pp 90-92; 135-137
Sight-read and transpose one simple melody, chosen by the instructor. Maintaining a steady tempo is of utmost importance.
- Study examples: pp 94-97; 128-129
Prepare one of the following pieces.
- p 108: Bourree in D minor (Graupner)
- P 110: Music Box, Op. 140, No. 8 (Gurlitt)
- P 159: Minuet (Leopold Mozart)