Thinking of taking SIL-UND classes?
Check out our program overview.
Your summer of linguistics awaits...
The SIL-UND program prepares you for many different types of work with local spoken and signed languages all over the world, with courses in linguistics, literacy, translation, anthropology, orthography, and language survey. SIL International has been offering classes in linguistics and related fields on the UND campus every summer since 1952. This is classic SIL — an intensive summer program, with full university accreditation, built-around a close-knit residential community in which students, faculty, staff, and their families live and learn together. We keep costs low to make the program affordable for as many people as possible.
SIL-UND is known both for its tradition and its bold innovation.
Want to learn more? Check out the overview of the program.
Take courses for a summer or two...
- Applying to take SIL courses
- Training tracks
- Course listings in linguistics, literacy, translation, anthropology, orthography, language survey...
- Information for accepted participants — extra details once you know you're coming.
Or do a whole degree
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
- Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Literacy as Applied Linguistics
- Undergraduate minor in Linguistics (jointly sponsored with the UND English Department)