Announcements and Events
This is a "bulletin board" of sorts for Pre-Health students.
Spring 2020 Semester
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in February
Columbia Hall, room 321C
These meetings will be offered multiple times throughout the entire month of February. The meeting times and sign-up instructions will be announced in the December and January Newsletters.
These meetings are required for all freshmen Pre-Health students!
MCAT Review Course Schedule
January 13, 2020 - April 30, 2020
Tuesday/Thursday Evenings 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Columbia Hall, room 1360
Registration for this course is open, and registration instructions were sent in an email to students on the 2020 Test Takers listserv.
Kaplan Review Courses
UND has an institutional partnership with Kaplan. Along with the UND dedicated Kaplan Live Online MCAT Review Course offered each January - April, UND students may have access to any regular Live Online or Self-Paced version of any Kaplan review course for any test including the MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, or GRE.
Our partnership gives students steep discounts off of the current pricing for the general public listed on Kaplan's website. Registration for the UND dedicated Live Online MCAT Review Course opens each fall around the same time as UND Early Registration for Spring semester.
To register for any of the other Kaplan review courses, you must:
- Visit the Kaplan website
- Choose your course and format (Self-Paced or Live Online)
- Record the Course Code listed
- For Self-Paced courses, click on "Enroll." You will then find the Class Code listed under the title of the course.
- For Live Online courses, click on "See Schedules" in the Live Online box. Choose a course that meets on the days of the week and the dates that fit best with your desired plan and schedule. The Class Code is listed at the top of the page.
- Register for the course through: UND Kaplan Test Preparation
- Course enrollments are processed on the 15th of each month.
CANCELED: Informaton below
If you are planning to apply to any health professional schools during the summer of 2020, you should attend this meeting.
Info covered includes:
- Your Summer Timeline
- Writing Personal Statements
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation and Transcripts
- Health Professional School Application Services
- Secondary Applications
Fall 2019 Semester
Second Meeting Information
Monday, September 16, 8:00 pm, Columbia Hall, room 1350
This is the second of three required meetings in the fall semester that you must attend if you plan to pursue any of the A&S Pre-Health programs at UND.
In this meeting, we will discuss:
- Overview of various Pre-Health programs
- Required courses
- Required entrance exams
- Expected extracurricular activities
- Timeline for classes, tests, applications, etc.
Third Meeting Information
Monday, October 14, 8:00 pm, Columbia Hall, room 1350
This is the final required meeting for the fall semester that you must attend if you plan to pursue any of the A&S Pre-Health programs at UND.
In this meeting, we will discuss:
- Having problems in a class?
- Midterm Deficiencies
- Repeating vs. dropping classes
- Plan schedules for spring semester
- Pre-Health courses
- Major courses
- Essential Studies
Wednesday, September 11, 4:00 pm or Thursday, September 12, 11:00 am
Columbia Hall, Room 1350
If your health professional school applications are submitted and you are hoping to have some interviews this year, then be sure to attend this meeting. We will go over information and strategies to consider when preparing for this important step in the admissions process and beyond.
Entrance Exam Information
Wednesday, October 23, 7:00 pm, Columbia Hall, room 1360
MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, GRE
If you are planning to take any of the above tests in 2020, you should attend this meeting. Information covered includes: test format, scope, content, registration, and prep strategies and options. Information on all Kaplan Review Courses will also be discussed.
Pre-Med Day 2019-2020
University of North Dakota
School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Date: October 26th, Fall 2019
Space is limited--Reservations are required! Please RSVP by Friday, October 18th to Bethany Reck at bethany.reck@UND.edu.
|9:15-9:45 a.m.||Registration, juice, muffins and coffee|
|9:45-10 a.m.||Welcome||UND SMHS Medical Students|
|10-10:30 a.m.||Pre-Med Curriculum||Health Sciences Advisor
UND College of Arts and Sciences
|10:30-11:10 a.m.||Student Finances at UND Medical School||Jennifer Duffy,
Associate Director of SMHS Financial Aid
|The Patient-Centered Curriculum||Devendra Pant, MD, PhD, MHPEd
Co-Director of Clinical Sciences Yr 1 & Yr 2
Director of Medical Education Senior Elective
|11:10 a.m.-12:10 p.m.||Medical Student Question and Answer Session||UND SMHS Medical Students|
|12:15-1:15 p.m.||Lunch with Medical Students and Tours||Lunch will be provided|
|1:15-2:25 p.m.||Life as a Physician||Panel of Local Physicians|
|2:15-4 p.m.||Simulation Center Tour/Stop the Bleed Training|
- Students should feel free to attend any or all of the events
- All questions (i.e. attendance, registration, lunch reservations, etc.) should be directed to the UND SMHS Office of Student Affairs & Admissions at 701.777.4221.
UND Pre-Health Clubs
- Undergraduate Medical Association
- Pre-Dentistry Club
- Pre-Optometry Club
- Pre-Physician Assistant Club
For Club information, visit: UND Involvement.