The UND Piano Program is nationally recognized for preparing students for a professional career in the field of music. The piano faculty have substantial experience in solo and collaborative performance with broad knowledge in music literature, music theory and piano pedagogy.
A piano degree at UND offers
- Undergraduate scholarships, graduate assistantships and graduate tuition waivers.
- Specialized instruction in solo piano and collaborative piano performance, piano accompanying, piano literature and piano pedagogy.
- Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing a career in collaborative piano.
- Financial support for professional travel (e.g. summer festivals, conferences, etc.), production of DVD and CD recordings (e.g. school auditions, competitions, etc.), and acquisition of professional materials (e.g. scores, concert attire, etc.).
- Opportunities to perform in the Josephine Campbell Recital Hall which features an Imperial Bösendorfer piano.
- A state of the art keyboard piano laboratory with 15 Clavinova digital pianos.
- Recitals and master classes with world-renowned guest artists.
- Performance opportunities throughout the region supported by the UND Music Department.
- Preparation for auditions, festivals, graduate schools, and competitions.
Prospective students can Schedule a Visit, and are encouraged to contact the keyboard faculty for an interview and a sample lesson (Skype lessons are also available). The Keyboard Division appreciates your interest and continued support.
Private & Group Lessons
The UND Piano Studio also offers private and group lessons to the public and non-music majors, who are at an advanced level.