UND is seeking graduate students with a major in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or Molecular Biology for an international research opportunity in the Czech Republic. Through this experience, you'll:
- Spend 3 months at the University of Chemistry and Technology at Prague (Spring 2020).
- Pursue research projects with both U.S. and Czech faculty mentors.
- Receive financial support for travel and stay abroad.
How to Apply
Submit your application by October 30th, 2019. Fully complete the application checklist and ensure you have all materials prepared before starting your application:
- Transcript of your academic record to be uploaded or emailed (may be unofficial copy)
- Your top two projects of interest (see below)
- A personal statement that discusses:
- Previous research or scholarly experience
- Interest in this program
- Long-term career goals
- Letter of recommendation from at least one professional reference, preferably from someone who has worked on a research project with you. Please be sure to include reference contact information (name, emaill and phone).
Will I need a visa?
The need for visa depends on your country of citizenship and we will provide the successful applicant with the essential paperwork to obtain it.
What will be my financial support?
The financial support is provided at the arrival to Czechia at level of 3,220 Euro.
What are my options regarding accommodation?
ERASMUS students typically stay at UCT dorms, such as Volha or Sazava. They are located in quiet neighborhood near Chodov metro station.
What is the cost of living at the Czech Republic?
Cost of living resources:
What is the cost of stay at dorms?
2019 rates are for separate rooms:
- Separate one-bed room = 156 Kč / night - these rooms are mainly booked for whole year for doctoral students - but, there is small chance they could be available.
- One-bed room in the unit = 152 Kč / night – this room will be more likely available for your ERASMUS student.