- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
The National Science Foundation has awarded a grant to the University of North Dakota to support a scholarship program for students majoring in biology, chemistry, geography and mathematics. The goal is to recruit and provide support for talented students who have a financial need, enroll in a science major, and have interest to explore science oriented career (that is not leading to the professional, e.g., medical career).
The US MASTER scholarship program may provide financial support for up to 4 years (if the renewal criteria are satisfied and funding available) covering tuition & fees. It is subject to competitive selection with support ranging between $5,000 and $10,000 a year depending on the eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility for student financial aid based on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form demonstrating need for the financial award. The need is determined as a cost of attendance (COA) minus Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- High school GPA ≥ 3.5 or ACT ≥ 25 for entering students
- For UND and transfer students college GPA≥3.0
- Full time enrollment in one of the science majors listed above
- US Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Personal statement (~300 words) describing interest in sciences, the importance of the US MASTER scholarship, interest in science-oriented research with regard to future career.
- Two reference letters. One of the letters should be from an instructor/teacher or others involved in the applicant's educational experience. Details on the letter content are provided below.
- Yearly reapplication to the program with continuous interest in a science career
- Maintain an institutional cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Active participation in seminars/scholarship program activities
- Complete the UND admission application at on the admission web site
- and indicate full time enrollment in Biology, Chemistry, Geography or Mathematics.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); this is required to demonstrate unmet need for the financial award package to be provided by UND.
- Upload US MASTER application including personal statement and return the completed US MASTER scholarship application via E-mail, fax at 701 777 2331 to attention of US MASTER, or mail to attention of US MASTER, 151 Cornell Street Stop 9024, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.
Click below for:
You will need Adobe Reader to view any documents from our website.
- Ensure submission of 2 reference letters; the letters should be submitted directly by the recommenders via E-mail, fax, or mail to the address specified above.
College students ( returning or transfer) need to submit a transcript: An unofficial copy of the student’s transcript is acceptable.