You belong at the University of North Dakota Department of Theatre Arts!
The Department of Theatre Arts awards scholarships up to $1,000 to incoming freshman. Application deadlines are in February.
Scholarship criteria includes:
- You must be an enrolled Theatre Arts Major.
- You must demonstrate scholastic excellence.
- You must demonstrate artistic talent.
- You must demonstrate strength in leadership and personal character.
The Theatre Arts Department offers a variety of scholarships to students majoring in Theatre Arts:
- The Orth Scholarship (Incoming freshmen)
- The Carol Diane Erickson Endowment (Freshmen or Sophomores)
- The Penn Scholarship (Sophomores or Juniors)
- The Eastman Scholarship ( for financial need)
- The Chales W. Bartholomew Memorial Endowment (Open)
- The Theatre Arts Fund Scholarship (Open)
Scholarships range in value from $100 to $2,000. Scholarship information and details are posted in January/February and interested students are required to make application in March for any applicable scholarships for which they wish to be considered.
Scholarship recipients are expected to take on leadership roles in all departmental activities during the year, set a winning example for others to follow, and promote and foster collaboration and camaraderie. It is expected that scholarship recipients shall devote their time outside of classes to activities within the department.
Are you a freshman? Want to see if you qualify to get money towards tuition? Download and fill out our scholarship form. For more information call the UND Department of Theatre Arts at 701.777.3446