- Financial aid
- Accepted participants
- Regular UND students
- Contact us
Degrees and certificates
The Summer Institute of Linguistics at UND
We aren’t really on the edge of the world,
but you can reach it from here!
SIL International has been offering classes on the UND campus every summer since 1952. This is classic SIL — an intensive summer program, with full university accreditation, built-around a close-knit community in which students, faculty, staff, and their families live and learn together. Our program prepares people to work with local languages all over the world, specializing in linguistic research, literacy, language survey, translation, and other related fields. We keep costs low to make the program affordable for as many people as possible.
SIL-UND is known both for its tradition and its bold innovation.
Want to learn more? Check out the overview of the program.
Take courses for a summer or two...
- Applying to take SIL courses
- Training tracks
- Course listings in linguistics, literacy, translation, anthropology...
- Information for accepted participants — extra details once you know you're coming.
Or do a whole degree
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
- Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Literacy as Applied Linguistics