- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
Itterman Professional Development
The Itterman Faculty Professional Development award is an annual funding opportunity open to College of Arts & Sciences faculty. The purpose of the award is to support the professional development of College faculty. Proposal budgets are limited to $1,500. The grant period is calendar year 2019.
The deadline to apply is Nov. 2, 2018.
Itterman Professional Development call for proposals
Cover Sheet for proposal submittal
Any full-time faculty (including those on special appointment) in any College of Arts & Sciences department or program may apply as long as research or creative activity is required under their UND contract and they will complete the proposed work while employed at UND.
1. Cover sheet: Project title, investigator name and affiliation and signature.
2. Project Narrative (2 double-spaced pages maximum)
a. Explain how the proposed activity meets both objectives of the Itterman Faculty Professional Development Award. Describe the proposed activity and include a brief background.
3. Budget and Budget Justification (1 page):
The budget must be broken down into individual line items with each item justified. Individual awards are limited to $1,500. For additional instructions, please refer to the document “Budget Guidelines for Research Initiatives” found in the Research Initiatives section of the College of Arts & Sciences web page.
Award Selection Criteria
Members of the Resources and Infrastructure Committee within the College of Arts & Sciences will review and score proposals and make funding recommendations to the Dean, who will award funding.
Resources and Infrastructure Committee members will evaluate applications according to the following criteria:
1. Significance of the contribution that the project will make in addressing both objectives of the Itterman Faculty Professional Development; and
2. Quality of the conception, organization, and description of the project.
1. Faculty must send a “thank you” letter to the sponsors of the award in coordination with Tanya Butler, Engagement Coordinator for the College of Arts & Sciences (tanya.butler@UND.edu).
2. The Itterman Faculty Professional Development award and College of Arts & Sciences support for the project must be acknowledged in resulting presentations, publications, exhibits, performances, etc.
3. UND policies and procedures must be followed for expenditure of funds including purchases, reimbursements, payroll appointments and hiring processes. Please note that according to UND policy, anything purchased with UND funds is the property of UND.
4. Submission of a brief final report to the College of Arts & Sciences within 1 month of the project’s end date (see detailed timeline below). The report must include a summary of results and outcomes of the project. Send reports to Taylor Hanson at taylor.hanson@UND.edu. A copy of the report will be provided by the College to the award sponsors.
Deadline and Submission of Proposals
November 2, 2018: Proposals are due to the A&S Dean’s Office in MS Word or PDF format. Please submit to Taylor Hanson via email at: taylor.hanson@UND.edu. In the email subject line, please type “Itterman Award.”
December 7, 2018: Awards are announced.
January 1, 2019: Start of the award period. Remember to send updates to, and respond to requests for information from, Tanya Butler at: tanya.butler@UND.edu.
December 31, 2019: All award monies must be spent. For questions about expenditures and project budgets, contact Kristi Bruggeman at: kristi.bruggeman@UND.edu or 777-2740.
January 31, 2020: Final reports are due to the Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office. Please submit the reports in MS Word or PDF format to Taylor Hanson at: taylor.hanson@UND.edu.
Please direct questions to Brad Rundquist, Associate Dean for Research, College of Arts & Sciences, at 777-3641 or bradley.rundquist@UND.edu.