- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- General Information
- Theme, Courses, and Book List Fall 2016
- Common Questions
- Apply to the Learning Community
- Courses and Curriculum
- 2 year and 4 year plan
- How to declare the major
- An ISPer wonders: Should I declare an ISP/IDS major?
Fall 2016 - Integrated Studies Learning Community
In fall 2016, the Integrated Studies Learning Community will be organized around a central theme, The Walking/Dead. Students will examine this topic from all aspects developing new perspectives on issues like ethics, diversity, science, and constitutional law.
ISP will include the following courses:
- HUM 101: Intro to Humanities (4 credits, Arts & Humanities Essential Studies category, humanities area)
- HUM 224: Integrated Social Science (3 credits, Social Sciences Essential Studies category, "U" U.S. diversity overlay)
- HUM 270: Integrated Life Science (3 credits, Math/Science/Technology Essential Studies category, non-lab science)
- A&S 250: Integration of Learning (1 hour seminar course that will be offered at multiple times throughout the week)
Classes will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 - 11:50 a.m. and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - noon.
Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
On Looking: A Walker's Guide to the Art of Observation
Citizen: An American Lyric
U.S. Constitution and Fascinating Facts About It
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Darwin's Origin of Species: Books That Changed the World
Constellations: A Play
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Under the Affluence: Shaming the Poor, Praising the Rich…
Curious: The Desire to Know and Why Your Future Depends On It
In addition, the HUM department may offer several open enrollment stand-alone courses which meet Essential Studies credit.
Apply for the fall 2016 Integrated Studies Learning Community using the online reservation form located under the left column link titled "Apply to ISP." Spaces are limited in this popular program. Apply by the April 1 priority deadline to ensure your space.
Questions? Call our office at 701.777.3622.