- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- English Minor
- Linguistics Minor
- Certificate in Writing & Editing
- English +
- How to Apply
- About Graduate Study
- Degree Requirements
- Graduate Courses
- Teaching Assistantships
- English Graduate Student Association
ESL Resource Center
Sponsored by the English Department, the English as a Second Language (ESL) Resource Center is open about 10 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters (closed for the summer), with the schedule varying each semester. English language book resources, including works on grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary building, reading skills, writing skills, and pedagogy, are available to be checked out. International students who would like to work on their English language skills can also sign up for tutoring. The number of volunteer tutors is limited, so there is a waiting list for this free tutoring service. Mary Monette, director of the ESL Resource Center, also offers SPEAK test consultation.
- The ESL Resource Center offers free tutoring for international students. Contact Mary Monette to discuss your needs.
- work with international students tutoring English
- flexible hours, 1-3 per week
- contact Mary Monette for more information
ESL Resource Center Hours
- Monday 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Mary Monette, Director
Location: 109 Merrifield Hall