- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Getting Started
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Undergrad Courses
- Online BA
- Internship Program
- Internships & Jobs
Internships and Jobs
All job and internship opportunities will be updated regularly.
UND Career Services provides a list of job opportunities and internships for those in the field of Communication.
Career Connect is a great way to connect students looking for work experience with employers eager to hire ambitious students. To view opportunities through Career Connect, you must set up your profile. You will then be able to search for internships and jobs, as well as receive notifications about internships and jobs that meet your criteria. More information for opportunities are on Career Connect: http://und.edu/student-life/careers/career-connect-full-list.cfm?feed=coop
UND Career Services Student Employment also posts work study positions, on-campus and off campus positions, and internships.
All students must be approved for internship credit before starting their internship. If you are a student interested in an internship for Communication graduation requirements or are a business or organization with internship opportunities please contact Desi Anderson.
For internships, contact:
Desi Anderson, Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator
Columbia Hall Rm 1000
Strategic Communication Internships
Donor Relations Interns, Alumni Association & Foundation
The UND Alumni Association is looking for for 1-2 students to serve as Donor Relations Interns starting as soon as possible, ideally for 10-15 hours/week for 1+ semesters. These are paid positions.
The student(s) in this position will be assisting in a major scholarship stewardship project that will require excellent writing, editing and research skills. Professional communication skills will be necessary for email correspondence with students, faculty and staff on campus, as well as assisting with donor events at the Gorecki Alumni Center.
Attached is the job description, and it’s posted to the JobX site for applications: https://und.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/
Public Relations Intern, Sunshine: Deadline March 31
Public Relations Internship
Sunshine Memorial Foundation
To Apply: Public Relations Internship
Admissions Student Intern, Admissions Office, UND: Deadline April 20
Admissions Student Intern
Job ID: 8628
Job Type: On-Campus Institutional Jobs
Employer: Admissions Office
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2018
3 Available Openings
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
2018-19 Academic Year
The student Admission Intern is responsible for assisting with the recruitment of undergraduate students to the University of North Dakota. They will carry out recruitment strategies and cultivate interest among prospective students and families. Information regarding UND will be disseminated effectively and accurately. The student intern will answer inquiries from prospective students and families regarding all elements of the recruiting decision, including admission, registration, academic programs, transfer credits, financial aid/scholarship, housing and residence life.
The student intern will deliver group presentations about the benefits of attending the University of North Dakota at the daily visits which are held in the mornings at 8:30am and 9:30 am and at 1:30pm, work at the front desk, and answer in-coming phone calls. Must be able to work occasional assigned Saturdays. Student must have hours available to work either half days or full days to cover our office needs, either MWF or TR.
This job will start in August 13, 2018 and continue through May 2019 and is only open to current Undergraduate students of sophomore through senior status at UND.
Experience in group presentations with the ability to communicate extensively with prospective students. To be familiar with objectives, requirements and content of all programs offered by UND in order to make a complete and factual presentation to prospective students and other interested parties. Students must be available on all academic Saturdays and large events that are scheduled. Must be at least sophomore status.
Background Check Required
3501 University Ave Stop 8357
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8357
Digital Marketing Internship, Swanson Health Products
Digital Marketing Internship
Swanson Health Products, Fargo, ND
Marketing Summer Internship
Marketing Summer Internship
Sanford Health, Bismarck, ND
Social Media Intern, UND Alumni Association
UND Alumni Association
TITLE: Social Media Intern
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communication
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
No Supervisory responsibility
The individual will be responsible for various social media functions for the UND Alumni Association & Foundation. An individual with a positive attitude, strong attention to detail, and demonstration of excellent verbal and written skills is needed. The individual must be able to work independently and manage his/her time well. This is a temporary, non-benefited position.
- Assist in implementation of UND Alumni Association & Foundation’s social media strategy.
- Populate the organization’s Facebook feed, with secondary priority given to Twitter and Instagram, followed by LinkedIn and Snapchat.
- Explore innovative ways to engage UND alumni via social media.
- Collect social media analytics.
- Occasionally attend and populate social media from events.
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Preference shall be given to an undergraduate student or graduate student pursuing a degree in communication, marketing, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with social media, events, and/or publications preferable.
Excellent organizational skills
Attention to detail
Resourceful, dependable, and willing to take initiative
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self-motivated and confident
General knowledge of word-processing
For additional information and to apply, please contact:
Director of Marketing & Communications
UND Alumni Association & Foundation
Communication for Development Internship Opportunity
Number of positions: 2 (one in the Americas, one in EMEA)
Location: Working from home (based outside the UK)
Contract: 20 hrs per week for 6 months, with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Engagement Manager and Director
Accepting applications on a rolling basis
Communication for Development Ltd (CfD) is a young communications agency that specialises in servicing the needs of international development organisations on the one hand and corporate citizenship and sustainability initiatives on the other. Our team of creative associates includes content creators (photographers, videographers, animators, creative writers, graphic designers and others) and communications strategists, all of whom have a knowledge and understanding of development and/or corporate citizenship and sustainability work. In line with the localised needs of our clients, these associates are spread around the world and can reach even the remotest areas.
CfD is built upon a belief in the transformational power of positive, inspiring imagery and narratives. We combine our ability to create visual stories of change with our deep knowledge of sustainable development to provide compelling, engaging content that works hard for the clients that commission it. Our strength lies in our ability to showcase the impact of our clients’ essential work in ways that draw more positive attention and funding their way. Central to our approach is our promise to always ensure that people’s lives are portrayed in a dignified and ethical manner.
Each intern will support the company’s core staff with their day-to-day activities. Working from home, s/he will need to have ready access to a reliable, high speed Internet connection and his or her own computer to work on.
While we are regrettably unable to offer remuneration for this opportunity, it represents a potential springboard into a highly competitive arena. What we can offer is solid professional experience of communication for development outcomes, a chance to develop and hone in-demand skills and a glowing letter of recommendation, assuming duties are carried out to a high standard. The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate or someone engaged with Masters studies, who is seeking a career in communications, media or international development / corporate citizenship and sustainability more generally. We will also consider applications from promising Junior and Senior Undergraduates.
The intern can expect to support us through the following duties (although other tasks may be added to this list as and when they arise):
- Assist with business development through market research, data mining and compiling lists of potential clients and contact details in various geographical markets.
- Maintain the company’s HubSpot-based customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Research and write high quality, engaging blog posts that demonstrate thought leadership within our field.
- Manage the company’s social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram): drive engagement by posting regular, fresh content, respond to comments and monitor analytics.
- Maintain our Trello-based database of creative associates, adding and updating details as necessary.
- Manage the company’s online portfolio (images, videos and design work).
- Assist with tailoring pitches and presentations for client meetings.
- Help maintain the company’s WordPress-based website, including the blog.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as they arise.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A university degree (completed or in progress) in either a social science related to International Development, or else Marketing / Communications or similar.
- A demonstrable interest in social and environmental development, whether at a community or global level.
- A passion for creative writing, along with attention to detail where spelling, punctuation and grammar are concerned (following conventions of UK English).
- Visual creativity, and the ability to use computer software (primarily Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud) to express this.
- The ability to manage time well and work remotely with limited supervision.
- Tech-savvy, and well-versed with cloud-based applications for organising oneself and teams, and for improving productivity.
- Knowledge of and experience using social media platforms and WordPress, ideally (but not necessarily) for marketing purposes.
- Ownership of a computer with Microsoft Office and preferably also Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud software, and connection to reliable, fast and unlimited Internet.
- Fluency in the English language and preferably one other UN language (Spanish preferred for the Americas region), and the ability to write flawlessly in both without the need for editing intervention.
Please send your tailored CV and a one-page essay, showing – with examples – how you meet the specific criteria detailed above, to email@example.com. Note that candidates who do not include both of these items in their application will be automatically rejected. Candidates should also state their understanding of the fact that this is an unpaid position and indicate their ability to support themselves for the duration of the contract through other means.
Shortlisted individuals will be interviewed via Skype and also asked to undertake a creative task. Regrettably, owing to the volume of applications we receive and our limited resources, we will be unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
UND Athletics Internships
Another great resource for internship opportunities is through UND Athletics. They have internships and jobs available on their website: http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=807386&DB_OEM_ID=13500
Media Internship, Hope Church, Grand Forks
Media Internship at Hope Church
Hope Church of Grand Forks is looking for media interns for the 2017 fall semester and the 2018 winter semester. Interns will work primarily with the College Ministry, but may also assist in other areas of the church. Areas of work, based on ability and interest, will include:
- Social Media
- Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Website Development
Interns will work with Eric Morrow, who has over a decade of experience in the media industry and was an adjunct professor in the Communication Department at UND.
Positions Available: 1-3 (Depending on skills and abilities of applicants)
Estimated Hours: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Do not have to be a Christian to be eligible
- Work could include some nights and weekends
If interested in this position, please contact Eric Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831.277.8543.
2018 White House Internship Program: Deadline April 4
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
March 20, 2018
Fall 2018 White House Internship Program
The Fall 2018 White House Internship Program application is now open.
The application portal will remain open until 11:59PM EDT on Friday, May 4, 2018. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Fall 2018 White House Internship Program term runs from Wednesday, September 5 to Friday, December 7, 2018. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the internship program start date, and must be able to commit to the full internship term to be eligible. Additionally, applicants must be U.S. citizens and meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution).
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty—for any length of time—in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
The White House Internship Program is highly competitive. Applicants are selected based on their demonstrated commitment to public service, leadership in the community, and commitment to the Trump Administration. Questions about the White House Internship Program application can be directed to email@example.com. More information, including details about placements in the White House Internship Program and a list of frequently asked questions, can be found on the White House website: https://www.whitehouse.gov/participate/internships.
Summer Internship Program, The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead
Summer Internship Program in areas of News Reporting, Sports Reporting, and Photography
The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead
Intern, UND's Dakota Student newspaper
Job Title: Dakota Student Internship Writer
Job Type: Internship for Credit
Job Description: Write articles based on assignments given by section editors. Might be asked to attend student government meetings, campus organization meetings, sporting events, and other events as assigned by editors.
Job Requirements: Interview people by phone or in person. Work under strict deadlines, keeping stories balanced, fair, and lawful. Be available odd times throughout your day (to cover various stories). Have solid knowledge of grammar and spelling.
Job Responsibilities: Be available for the possibility of weekly meetings. Gain and maintain excellent relationships and communication by returning calls, and communicating with people. Good at relating to all kinds of people and situations. Work well under pressure. Good at absorbing information quickly. Interested in current affairs. Organized.
Hours Per Week: 5-10
Contact Person: Matt Eidson, Dakota Student Editor in Chief
Videographer/Editor, MIDCO, West Fargo
Midco is looking for a videographer/editor intern for its 2018 Summer Internship Program.
This is a paid, 12-week internship, typically beginning in June, and ending in August.
For details, responsibilities and application instructions follow this link: 2018 Summer Internship Program
KX News Internships
KX News Internships
Overview and Application
This Nexstar TV station's internship program augments the educational development of those studying for careers in broadcasting. This is accomplished by creating opportunities for students enrolled in institutions of higher learning to gain experience in the station’s day-to-day operations. Students participating in the internship program become knowledgeable in many different aspects of the TV station which includes News, Marketing, Production, Sales, Engineering and Business.
Nexstar Broadcasting offers internships at its television stations in various departments as an opportunity for students to apply their classroom theory to practical work experience. Our internship programs allow students to experience firsthand the reality of working in the television broadcasting industry. Interns can test their creative talent, exercise their analytical skills and increase their understanding of broadcasting operations and trends.
All Nexstar interns must be college/university students and receive college credit for the internships. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. Nexstar station department heads will assist students with the completion of such forms and provide information concerning duties and responsibilities. The intern?s college/university academic advisor (and institution guidelines) determines the amount of credit available (and subsequently: the amount of time an intern will be available on a weekly basis). Nexstar station department heads will oversee the internships to evaluate, monitor, and assess the interns progress and ensure they are receiving the proper education/training. The student is aware that this is a NON-PAID INTERNSHIP. The student is responsible for his/her own transportation.
Internships are available year-round and are usually 12-15 hours per week. Specific days and times will be agreed upon in advance. Internship programs available include:
The Sales Managers oversee the internships to evaluate the interns and ensure they are receiving proper sales education and training. Interns assist sales support staff; participate in sales training meetings, learning all steps of the sales process while participating in external sales calls with Account Executives. This is limited to one intern per semester.
Marketing and Promotion
Assist with the planning, coordination and executing of major station events, in addition to station sponsored events, movie screenings, and live broadcast remotes. Assist with event setup, demo-sampling, and interact with viewers & clients. Learn the promotional strategies of a major market TV station as well as various promotion department duties. This is limited to one intern per semester.
This internship is for students interested in practical experience in broadcast journalism. Internships can be for reporters, photographers, editors, newscast producers, assignment editors, to name a few. Duties might include writing stories, rewrite wire copy, editing, and researching stories. Intern will work with editors, reporters and other newsroom employees and receive feedback on their efforts. We can accommodate 2 interns each in the news, weather and sports departments.
Applying for Internship Program
All potential interns must contact this TV station for information on how to apply.
See website to apply: http://www.myndnow.com/kx-news-internships
News Intern, WDAZ 8, Grand Forks
Location Grand Forks, N.D.
Job Posting Company WDAZ/Forum
Job Posting Area Broadcast News
WDAZ-TV is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented news intern. Experience with video editing, shooting, and writing preferred. Students who were involved in UND’s Studio One are highly encouraged to apply.
Must have a good driving record and the ability and willingness to operate Electronic News Gathering technology.
This is a paid, part-time position.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and on-air sample via email to the Assistant News Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant News Director/Assignment Manager
2220 South Washington Street
Grand Forks, ND 58203
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Broadhead 2018 Internships, Minneapolis, MN
2018 Internship Opportunities: http://broadheadco.com/internship/
Communication Summer Intern, Ducks Unlimited
Communication Summer Intern
Ducks Unlimited, Bismarck, ND
Communication Summer Internship, Doosan Bobcat
Communication Summer Internship
Doosan Bobcat, Fargo, ND
Multiple Communication Summer Internships, Border States Industries
Multiple Communicaton Summer Internships
Border States Industries, Fargo, ND
2018 Internship Positions at National Sports Center
National Sports Center has multiple internships available for this year.
For further details and applications, follow this link: 2018 Internship Positions
Client Relations Internship, Absolute Marketing Group, Fargo: Spring and Summer 2018
Client Relations Internship for Absolute Marketing Group in Fargo (20-hours per week) this spring semester for students who want to open the doors to the agency world.
Here’s a brief description of the tasks Client Relations interns will perform:
- Assist Marketing Advisors and Project Managers
- Organize and Plan Projects
- Work with Clients and Vendors
- Write, Copy Edit and Proofread Content
- Collect and Place Social Media Collateral
- Provide Sales and Administrative Support
- Estimate Production Costs
- Research and Testing
For more details and to submit an application, students can visit: https://www.absolutemg.com/internships/
Event Coordinator, UND Alumni Association Foundation
POSITION TITLE: Event Coordinator (Non-Exempt-Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Engagement & Alumni Relations
The Event Coordinator will plan and execute events on behalf of the UND Alumni Association & Foundation and Gorecki Alumni Center. The event coordinator must have superior customer service and interpersonal skills as this position is required to represent our organization at many functions including on-campus events, local, regional and national events, Gorecki Alumni Center events and other events as assigned. The event coordinator will work as part of a team in a collaborative and fast paced environment. This position requires a flexible work schedule with the availability to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Serve as the event coordinator for Gorecki Alumni Center events to assist clients with all aspects of events including date, time, room set up, equipment, technology needs, catering services, security, etc. Utilize software and checklists to direct pre and post-event processes to ensure that event execution and services provided meet the clients’ needs and events are run efficiently. Effectively handle last-minute changes or requests while also using resources and skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Assist with coordination and execution of the UND AA & F special event program that features signature and high-impact special events that further organizational goals and objectives. Events include but not be limited to athletic events, Homecoming/Sioux Awards, donor recognition events, Gorecki Alumni Center events, alumni and/or donor socials, regional events, and the UND Champions Ball.
- Assist with planning, organizing and staging of events, pre-event set-up, post event clean-up, registration and follow up reports, event evaluation, budget management and post-event assessment processes.
- Manage registration lists and initiate attendee contact as required (confirmation letters, tickets, nametags, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: 1 plus years of event planning or customer service experience preferred.
Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstations, including keyboard and visual display terminal..
Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity.
Ability to see, read, and comprehend written materials.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Excellent organizational skills and strong sense of attention to detail
Exceptional communication, analytical, planning, and implementation skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills and project management experience
Ability to work in groups and independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
Appropriate professional image
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Self motivated and confident
Strong sense of teamwork
Ability to work with and motivate students and/or volunteers
Updated November 2016
Work Well Program Assistant, Wellness Center
Work Well Program Assistant
Wellness Center - Health & Wellness Promotions, UND
Date Posted: 11-22-17
Hours: 15-19 hrs/wk
Hourly Rate: $12.00/hr
Time Frame: 2017-18 Academic Year
General Statement of Duties: The Program Assistant will work with the Coordinator of Work Well to organize programs and special events, manage day-to-day operations and serve as an active member of the team. Work Well supports and promotes the health and wellness of staff and faculty at the University of North Dakota.
Manage Programs and Special Events (55%)
- Organize event logistics including catering, contracts, preparation of documents, parking, marketing, travel, volunteers, vendors, scheduling, and other details as needed.
- Manage marketing schedule for new and established activities.
- Responsible for compiling participation data from programs and events into routine and annual reports
- Create and manage all published content including images and written posts on social media
- Generate, edit and publish content on website
- Work with UND marketing and work well coordinator to maintain consistent identity on all platforms and creating flyers, posters, newsletters and communications when needed for programming.
Manage Day to Day Operations (35%)
- Develop and maintain filing systems and office inventory.
- Compile statistical, graphic and narrative reports.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external collaborators.
- Assist in program advancement through research, grants, and creative development.
Serve as an active member of the Work Well Team (10%)
- Assist the coordinator with goal setting, strategic planning, assessment, evaluation, and general management of the Work Well program.
- Maintain and apply professional knowledge required of the position in population health and wellness, technology, evidence-based practice, and program and project management.
- Assist as needed in all required departmental and campus-related meetings.
- Participate in a variety of meetings, and/or trainings/conferences for the program.
As a result of working in this position, the staff member will gain the following skills:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Development
- Intrapersonal Development
- Coursework or completing coursework in Helath Promotion, Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Must be able to work 3-4 days a week in the office year-round.
- Must be available 2-3 times a year from 6am-1pm to assist with special events and occasionally other hours based on events.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High-level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Strong research, communication, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Must have the ability to lift equipment up to 30 pounds.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and website management
- Experience with Omni-Update, scheduling software, and Facebook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Business, Public Administration, Communications or related field.
- Experience with graphic design software such as Canva
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Background check is required.
801 Princeton St. Stop 8365
MN Twins Internship Opportunities
The MN Twins have multiple internships available. To apply, follow the link below:
There are multiple internships through Target. To apply, follow the link below:
Financial Representative Intern
Flexibility for school
Team support and mentorship
The chance to make an impact
The Northwestern Mutual internship truly has it all.
Financial representative interns ask clients and prospects lots of questions to understand their financial goals. They come up with creative financial solutions. They’re in business for themselves, but they’re never alone. They have support from their team and the company.
Can you envision a life of freedom and calling your own shots?
Looking for a fast-paced, highly productive environment?
Think hard work should be recognized and rewarded?
Want to work for a company with exceptional financial strength?
Then this just may be the internship for you. To be considered, you must be a full-time student at a four-year college or university. We want you to have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and have a history of personal success.
Director of Recruitment
Marketing Communications Intern, Amazon
Marketing Communications Intern
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Amazon Seller Support
Amazon’s Seller Support division acts as the primary interface between Amazon and our 3rd party Sellers. We obsess over providing world –class support to Merchants selling on the Amazon marketplace. We strive to predict Sellers’ needs before they recognize they may need our support, create innovative self-help tools, and provide solutions to help our business partners better serve their customers.
As a Communications Intern, the majority of your internship will be spent supporting the Operations team in Grand Forks, ND. You will assist with creating and editing content through our internal communication mechanisms. Attention to detail, and strong writing and editing skills are extremely important. Additionally, during your internship you will dive into Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project.
Your key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to the following):
- In-depth involvement in the development, writing, and editing of internal and external communications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to curate content for various marketing and recruiting projects.
- Interview and consult with employees on various topics that you can use to create short bios to then publish.
- Perform quality control checks on existing documents to enhance and create a library of reusable marketing documents.
- Assist with creating and managing advertisements through various channels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to curate content for various projects.
- Length of 12 weeks.
- Hours: 15-19 hours per week.
- You are working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English and Graphic Design or similar at the University of North Dakota.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Publisher.
- You have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent organizational, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
- Experience in graphic design and marketing communications.
- Strong multi-tasking skills needed to interact between multiple system applications quickly and efficiently.
- Organized and effective time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong enthusiasm and self-motivation
To Apply: https://us-amazon.icims.com/jobs/597828/marketing-communications-intern/job?iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed%2B%2528Free%2BPosting%2529&utm_source=indeed.com&utm_campaign=cv%2Borganic&utm_medium=job_aggregator&utm_content=job_posting&ss=paid&mobile=false&width=1883&height=1200&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
Communication Intern, UND School of Law
UND School of Law- Communication Internship
Are you a student looking for a professional communication experience to help complete your degree? This volunteer position can be done to meet the internship requirement through the UND Communication program. The School of Law is seeking an individual to serve as a communication specialist to assist the Director of Alumni and Public Relations and the Public Relations/Event Coordinator. The position will involve all aspects of communication with a focus on writing across all formats. Writing needs include internal communication as well as writing for external sources, including feature stories, press releases, news and multimedia stories. There are also opportunities to work in the areas of special events, graphic design, photography and social media. This comprehensive internship opportunity will allow a student to build a complete portfolio of professional communication examples. Office space and all resources will be made available to complete necessary work.
- Identify story ideas, conduct interviews and write/produce content.
- Work with staff to generate copy for the law school website.
- Work with staff to produce external communications, including copy for external newsletter and the North Dakota Law magazine.
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
- Additional opportunities to create social media content, videos and other multimedia communications in addition to opportunity for graphic design and photography.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- A student pursuing a degree in a communication related field that requires an internship to earn a degree.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- Graphic design, photography and video skills a plus.
- Knowledge of standard workplace technology.
For more information or to formally apply for the internship, please contact Rob Carolin at email@example.com or stop in to visit in person at Room 130 in the School of Law.
Communication Intern, Circle of Friends Humane Society
Circle of Friends Humane Society
We are looking for individuals who are excited to learn about how to use communications to help promote a non-profit's message. The scheduling is flexible and would be interested in interns any time of the year.
The weekly scheduling will be done on an individual basis and is very flexible.
This position requires knowledge of social media as well as traditional communications. We have multiple events that we need help spreading the message about. This would include looking for donations from businesses and working with donors to raise money for the shelter.
This internship offers a multitude of opportunity to grow communications experience as well as work with a non-profit.
Please contact Lauralee Tupa
437 North Washington
Grand Forks ND 58203
Internship Search Resources
UND Student Employment
Find Jobs ND
The New York State Senate Fellowships: Deadline April 27, 2018
There are 16 fellowships available, which are on-site in Albany, New York. Fellowships are not financial aid for academic work, on-campus or classroom study. Housing in Albany is the responsibility of the Fellow.
A Grant-in-Study Stipend is awarded of $33,000, distributed in biweekly installments prorated from the first day to the last day of enrollment. Some benefit options are available.
Applications from a wide range of interests and disciplines are welcome and encouraged. After the program ends, Fellows may be hired to full employee status in the Senate.
To view all details and the application, open this PDF: New York State Senate Fellowships