- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Getting Started
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Undergrad Courses
- Online BA
- Internship Program
- Internships & Jobs
Internships and Jobs
Some job or internship opportunities may be posted on the bulletin board outside the Department of Communication office on the third floor of O'Kelly Hall.
UND Career Services provides a list of job opportunities and internships for those in the field of Communication.
Career Connect is a great way to connect students looking for work experience with employers eager to hire ambitious students. To view opportunities through Career Connect, you must set up your profile. You will then be able to search for internships and jobs, as well as receive notifications about internships and jobs that meet your criteria. More information for opportunities are on Career Connect: http://und.edu/student-life/careers/career-connect-full-list.cfm?feed=coop
UND Career Services Student Employment also posts work study positions, on-campus and off campus positions, and internships.
All students must be approved for internship credit before starting their internship. If you are a student interested in an internship for Communication graduation requirements or are a business or organization with internship opportunities please contact Desi Anderson.
For internships, contact:
Desi Anderson, Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator
Columbia Hall Rm 1000
Communication Internship, UND School of Law
University of North Dakota School of Law
2017-18 School Year
Are you a student looking for a professional communication experience to help complete your degree? This volunteer position can be done to meet the internship requirement through the UND Communication program. The School of Law is seeking an individual to serve as a communication specialist to assist the Director of Alumni and Public Relations and the Public Relations/Event Coordinator. The position will involve all aspects of communication with a focus on writing across all formats. Writing needs include internal communication as well as writing for external sources, including feature stories, press releases, news and multimedia stories. There are also opportunities to work in the areas of special events, graphic design, photography and social media. This comprehensive internship opportunity will allow a student to build a complete portfolio of professional communication examples. Office space and all resources will be made available to complete necessary work.
- Identify story ideas, conduct interviews and write/produce content.
- Work with staff to generate copy for the law school website.
- Work with staff to produce external communications, including copy for external newsletter and the North Dakota Law magazine.
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
- Additional opportunities to create social media content, videos and other multimedia communications in addition to opportunity for graphic design and photography.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- A student pursuing a degree in a communication related field that requires an internship to earn a degree.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- Graphic design, photography and video skills a plus.
- Knowledge of standard workplace technology.
For more information or to formally apply for the internship, please contact Rob Carolin at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in to visit in person at Room 130 in the School of Law.
Media Internship, Hope Church, Grand Forks
Media Internship at Hope Church
Hope Church of Grand Forks is looking for media interns for the 2017 fall semester and the 2018 winter semester. Interns will work primarily with the College Ministry, but may also assist in other areas of the church. Areas of work, based on ability and interest, will include:
- Social Media
- Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Website Development
Interns will work with Eric Morrow, who has over a decade of experience in the media industry and was an adjunct professor in the Communication Department at UND.
Positions Available: 1-3 (Depending on skills and abilities of applicants)
Estimated Hours: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Do not have to be a Christian to be eligible
- Work could include some nights and weekends
If interested in this position, please contact Eric Morrow at email@example.com or 831-277-8543.
Ad Monkeys is looking for someone eager to learn more about the world of graphic and web design. You will assist our award-winning design team with a range of client projects including editing, updating, and programming websites. Must have an artistic eye. Experience with WordPress is preferred.
To Apply: email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Broadcasting Intern, 790 KFGO Radio
Company: 790 KFGO Radio
Reports to: Producer/Host Shannon Schweigert
Job Description Summary: The broadcasting intern is a paid, part-time position responsible for production assistance and on-air co-hosting of the Fighting Hawks Tailgate & Rewind Shows which air in conjunction with Fighting Hawk Football games on 790 KFGO Radio.
Hours: Home game weeks: 7-10; Road game weeks: 3-5
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, produce and host the Tailgate Show's "Live on the Lot" segments prior to Fighting Hawk home games. Solicit questions from fans on-air during the Rewind Show following Fighting Hawk home games
- 9/9 vs Missouri State
- 9/23 vs Montana State
- 10/7 vs Northern Colorado
- 10/21 vs Sacramento State
- 11/11 vs Eastern Washington
- Edit for time and content audio interviews conducted for show segments.
- On occasion, research, produce, and edit interviews for show segments.
- Jr. or Sr. level student in the Department of Communications
- Ability to conduct and edit audio interviews
- Access to digital editing equipment desired
- Editing software may be provided if necessary
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain good driving record
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be dependable and flexible
- Excellent people skills; must demonstrate ability to conduct on-the-spot interviews
- Must understand the concept of fun as applied to ancillary activities surrounding college football gamedays
Employment: The successful candidate will be hired as a part-time employee of Midwest Communications (790 KFGO Radio) and will be required to undergo all employment screening as required by the company.
Interested Candidates: Submit a brief resume and three (3) references to: Shannon Schweigert - email@example.com
Those selected for interview will conduct two meetings with Mr. Schweigert, one via phone, the other in person at a time/place convenient for the candidate. (Accommodations will be made for interested candidates from great distances via skype, etc.)
Fighting Hawk Football Tailgate & Rewind Show Flier: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ark9LeD8CiYWgukKnKAyhBLCYnswXQ
Sales and Management Intern, Buckle, Grand Forks
Buckle, Inc: NORTH DAKOTA-GRAND FORKS-COLUMBIA MALL
Sales and Management Intern - 84 - 6008417
It’s often said that experience is life’s best teacher, and as a Buckle Intern, you’ll get exactly that—a challenging, hands-on retail experience, with exposure to different areas of our business—from merchandising and sales to recruiting and educating. Because learning from your experience is so important, you can join Buckle’s Internship Program and earn college credits as early as your sophomore year. This three to four month position is part-time with seasonal variable hours. Working as a valuable member of the sales team, you’ll gain an understanding of how the business works, what it takes to excel, and whether you’d like to further a career with Buckle in our Management Trainee Program. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, with a keen interest in fashion, strong communication skills, and a desire to succeed.
Working as part of the Buckle Team, you will be:
Buckle’s entrepreneurial environment means that you are empowered to initiate your own learning and can continually take your career to the next level. To be successful, you must have an eagerness to learn, a willingness to work hard and a goal-oriented attitude.
At Buckle, every day is different. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on your feet, and be willing to learn from others.
At Buckle, we’re passionate about our work, our products, and especially our people. Because you are a direct reflection of our Company, you must possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
Building long-lasting relationships with our Guests and providing exceptional service is our first priority. You must have the ability to interact with all types of Guests, listen to their unique needs, and suggest the right mix of merchandise to help them express their individual style.
From the art of sales to the fundamentals of fashion, there’s a lot to discover at Buckle. You must be a fast learner who can take your newfound knowledge and put into action-right there on the sales floor.
Buckle offers competitive wages, a flexible schedule, and a generous employee discount.
Part-time Interns will work approximately 25 hours per week, with seasonal variable hours. (Please note that hours are issued based upon performance and our scheduling needs, so it is possible your hours may fluctuate.)
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, citizenship, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state or federal law.
Communication Internship, 3RNet
Communication Internship Opportunity with 3RNet
3RNet is a national nonprofit organization that works to connect health professionals with jobs in rural and underserved areas across the country primarily through our job board, 3RNet.org. We are a 20+ year organization with an extensive national reach.
3RNet is a ‘virtual’ organization which makes this a very unique opportunity for an intern, in that almost everything will be done at a distance.
Task list/job description:
- Intern would be assisting with:
- The creation of blog posts and/or public relations-focused stories for our website through member, candidate, and facility interviews.
- The growth, management, and improvement of our Google Ad Words account.
- Members and facilities with video creation.
- Other communication and marketing related tasks, depending on what we need and the skills and/or goals of the intern.
- 3RNet’s already established social media presence.
- Other content generation using resources like our Adventures in Medicine career planning portal.
- Updating links and content on our website, 3RNet.org
- Creating and updating marketing pieces using several software platforms such as FlippingBook, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Adobe Creative Suite. (Previous experience with all of these programs is not required.)
- Other marketing, communication, and public relations tasks as needed.
- Intern needs to have the ability to:
- Work with the Director of Communication & Marketing, other 3RNet staff, and 3RNet members at a distance through email, phone, and possibly Skype.
- Complete tasks in a professional manner with no in-person supervision.
- Keep on task and complete assignments in a timely manner according to priority.
- Coordinate multiple projects at once and communicate effectively on the status of projects from start to finish.
Average of 12 hours per week. $7.25 an hour.
Intern would need to be a resident of either North Dakota, Nevada, or Missouri (they need to be filing a tax return in one of these states).
Please apply by submitting a résumé and two or three writing samples to Kristine Morin at morin@3RNet.org
Communication Internship, Circle of Friends Humane Society, Summer & Fall
Circle of Friends Humane Society has communications internship positions available.
We are looking for individuals who are excited to learn about how to use communications to help promote a non-profit's message. The scheduling is flexible and would be interested in summer interns as well as fall.
The weekly scheduling will be done on an individual basis and is very flexible.
This position requires knowledge of social media as well as traditional communications. This position in the fall will also involve helping to coordinate the annual benefit raise your paws. This would include looking for donations from businesses and working with donors to raise money for the shelter.
This internship offers a multitude of opportunity to grow communications experience as well as work with a non-profit.
Please contact Lauralee Tupa
437 North Washington
Grand Forks ND 58203
Dakota Student Marketing Intern, UND: For Credit Only
Job Title: Dakota Student Marketing Intern
Job Type: Internship
Job Description: The Dakota Student Newspaper is looking for a marketing intern interested in learning all aspects of marketing the campus newspaper on social media to the campus community for the 2017-18 academic school year. In this position the marketing intern will have the ability to design, create, and implement marketing campaigns from start to finish. This job is responsible for posting content to the newspaper's website and social media accounts. Serve as the lead on social media and perform other duties as assigned by the Editor-in-Chief.
Job Requirements: Maintain and communicate with Editor-in-Chief, section editors, writers, and photographers to manage and wok within deadlines. Ability to use Mac computers. Knowledge of the following software application programs a plus: Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Illustrator. Creativity and graphic design experience is helpful. Ability to work under deadlines.
Job Responsibilities: Update the Dakota Student Online following the regular production schedule. Convert all photographs, graphics files, stories, etc. for inclusion on the internet. Post content to the newspaper’s website and social media accounts.
Hours Per Week: 10 to 20
Pay: Unpaid for credit only, see your internship coordinator to discuss eligibility
Contact Person: Matt Eidson, 2017/18 Dakota Student Editor in Chief firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing/Technical Editor, Snow Goer Magazine
Managing/Technical Editor wanted to join our team that produces Snow Goer magazine, the No. 1 magazine in North America covering the great sport of snowmobiling. The ideal candidate would be an active and enthusiastic snowmobiler who could help us not only test and evaluate new snowmobiles but also various aftermarket products and accessories. Also needed are editorial skills, including proven writing and proofreading capabilities and somebody who can keep projects on task and help keep the magazine organized and on schedule through our art and production department, plus the ability to contribute to digital properties including website and social media. This is a full-time, in-office position at EPG Media & Specialty Information, located in Plymouth, Minnesota. If you're a snowmobiler with proven writing skills, you'd be hard-pressed to find a job that's more fun.
- Contribute stories and edit departments and features
- Serve as a lead technical voice in the magazine, including helping to organize, plan and edit product testing and technical departments
- Proofread and fact check all stories for house style and grammar, and see them through the magazine production process
- Write captions, headlines, cover blurbs and pull quotes as needed
- Obtain new products and write new product sections for magazines
- Responsible for regular posting of online content for websites, plus promotions, updates and interaction with readers/consumers on social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Participates in photo shoots
- Work with Art Director to acquire supplemental photography for articles.
- Contribute to other Snow Group projects, including but not limited to our two snowmobile shows/expos
- Compile monthly editorial indices for magazines
- Participate in staff meetings
Experience and Skills:
- Light to moderate lifting (< 50 lbs.), stooping, bending.
- May have to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Time and situational management skills.
- Ability to comprehend magazine production schedule.
- Ability to travel, including weekends, to industry events and tests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to comprehend general instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write non-technical correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Willingness to accept additional tasks, duties and/or direction from management.
- Strict adherence to deadlines.
- Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in newspaper or magazine editing environment, or other proven writing/editing situational work.
- Proficient in grammar and punctuation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
EPG Media and Specialty Information (previously known as Ehlert Publishing/Affinity/GS Media) is a 70-person company based in Plymouth that produces magazines, websites and events serving the interesting motorcycle, snowmobile, boating, powersports, licensed beverage, landscaping, fuel oil and other niche markets. We offer competitive salary, an array of benefits and a fun, positive work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Go to the application on Indeed.com for the Managing/Technical Editor position
or send your resume to:
Mark Rosacker - Sales Director
Snow Goer magazine
Powersports Business magazine
Big East Powersports Show – Syracuse, NY
Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Expo – Denver, CO
Video Production, Hoist
The journalism / media production position will work for Hoist. The job will require the student to assist with the following marketing efforts:
- Creating new and exciting testimonial video / film that market the company’s mission/ philosophy, along with the client’s review of the product.
- Producing, directing & shooting (including lighting and sound) with excellence.
- Taking photos and/or short videos throughout the client’s business.
- Managing video and photography digital file archives.
- Meeting and interviewing business owners about their experiences with Hoist Liftruck.
In addition to these duties, the Video Production position will have opportunity to work with other staff members in Marketing and Graphic Design.
The Video Production position will gain a good understanding of how chambers of commerce work.
Other tasks include working at various locations, assisting with the creation of electronic/digital marketing materials as well as gaining a strong resume builder.
This is a paid position. Wages are 15$ an h/r capped at 5 hours of work.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of videography
- Proficiency in using video editing software
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Ability to see a project from the beginning to end and to meet deadlines is critical
- Well organized with a specific understanding of how to manage digital files
- Demonstrated knowledge of video equipment and editing software
- Must have good understanding of what makes a compelling video story, photograph, print piece and digital asset
- Access to video equipment, through school or personal means, is required
To Apply: Please email a resume and basic portfolio for review to Nolan.King.email@example.com.
Be prepared to discuss up to 2 video projects that you've completed independently. Consider how your video made an impact on the end-user and how you used video to communicate an intended message.
Intern, UND's Dakota Student newspaper
Job Title: Dakota Student Internship Writer
Job Type: Internship for Credit
Job Description: Write articles based on assignments given by section editors. Might be asked to attend student government meetings, campus organization meetings, sporting events, and other events as assigned by editors.
Job Requirements: Interview people by phone or in person. Work under strict deadlines, keeping stories balanced, fair, and lawful. Be available odd times throughout your day (to cover various stories). Have solid knowledge of grammar and spelling.
Job Responsibilities: Be available for the possibility of weekly meetings. Gain and maintain excellent relationships and communication by returning calls, and communicating with people. Good at relating to all kinds of people and situations. Work well under pressure. Good at absorbing information quickly. Interested in current affairs. Organized.
Hours Per Week: 5-10
Contact Person: Matt Eidson, Dakota Student Editor in Chief
Paid Internship for College Credit, iHeartMedia Grand Forks
College Internship Description:
The iHeartMedia Internship Program (paid and for college credit) has been designed to provide qualified college and university undergraduate students with in-depth exposure to the radio broadcasting and digital operations at iHeartMedia. The internship offers the opportunity to explore career interests, network with professionals, develop an understanding of the broadcasting industry and have some fun while learning. Interns may choose to rotate through departments including Programming, News & Community Affairs, Production, Media Integration, Online/Web Development, Digital Video, Digital Design and Sales departments or to focus on a particular department (subject to operational capabilities). Completion of the internship program does not entitle you to or guarantee employment with the company.
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques, and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. iHeartMedia serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets and smartphones, and on gaming consoles. iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events such as the iHeartRadio Music Festival, program syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (OTCBB: IHRT), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at iHeartMedia.com .
While working around your class and other work schedules, our Intern Program promises to offer you a wide variety of experiences in the radio industry. During your internship, your duties will include (but not limited to):
XL93 Morning Show:
- In studio during the main hours of the show
- Offer comments when appropriate
- Participating in stunts, in and out of studio
- Participating in games (i.e. Are You Smarter Then the Intern?)
XL93 Morning Show Prep:
- Guest scheduling
- Prep for stunts – run errands, buy supplies, make signage, prep vehicles, etc.
- Work with Adobe Photoshop to resize and touch up pictures
- Make web banners
- Search for graphics
- Place items on XL93 website (under supervision)
- Answer phones
- Handle prize winners
- Inventory prizes
- Keep prize closet clean and organized
- File winner slips/paperwork
- File contracts
- Clean office area
- Assist with mail sorting, package mailings, postage, etc.
- Assist in recording audio for promos
- Assist in ad production as needed
- Keep proposal shelves stocked and organized
- Assist Traffic Manager with filing contracts and moving logs to storage
- Assist Account Executives with event set up – running errands, faxes, copy writing, go-betweens.
- Go to sales meetings
- Make gift certificates, proposals, other forms as needed
- Assist with events – ideas, planning, equipment, maintaining station vehicles, and signage
- Assist Promotions Director – help organize office/storage area
- Misc. typing – help with print projects, copy writing
- Take digital pictures at events
- Work with Macintosh and PC programs
- Quark, MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MS Access, MS Excel
Interns must also work a minimum of 2 remote broadcasts per month.
While working remote broadcasts your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Haul and set up equipment
- Drive station vehicles to and from venues
- Assist in life radio breaks during events
- Assist jock in entertaining public
- Getting people signed up for contests
- Organizing Meet and Greats
- Organizing back stage events at concerts
- Crowd Control
Applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old
- enrolled full time in an accredited college or university
- able to provide a letter from that college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for the internship
Interested students should submit a resume and cover letter.
Students must turn in an application along with their resume and cover letter. Click here to download the application.
Please drop it off at: 505 University Avenue Grand Forks (across from Central High School downtown)
or email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Game Journalism, Mount Vernon, WA: Available Year Round
Position: 11 full-time, unpaid
Odd Tale Studios (www.oddtalestudios.com) is a growing cloud based company that provides news across multiple platforms, which include video games, anime and movies. Currently our main focus is on video games news and entertainment. Our goal is to have an inclusive platform that promotes women and people of color in the industry and at home.
Odd Tale Studios will utilize social media marketing (SMM) to not only deliver news to our audience but to start a conversation with them. Our articles and videos are the starting point for those conversations. Through SMM our audience can not only hear our voice but be given one themselves .
We're looking for interns who want the experience and know-how of working as a video game journalist. We are small but you can learn the basics of SMM as well as start to build up your press contacts and rapport . If you like what we're doing and believe in it and want to help us grow, then we'd love to have you as a part of our team.
Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor. - Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports; - Marketing your articles via social media -Making and maintaining PR contacts - Work on special projects, as needed
Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts. - Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills - Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
Required - English, Microsoft Word, Writing
Preferred - WordPress
To Apply: Follow this link.
Business Development/Graphic Design, Norby's Works Perks
Job Description: Business Development/Graphic Design
Norby’s Works Perks is seeking an internship position from a University of North Dakota student. This position will focus mainly on business development through graphic design, marketing, social media, website maintenance, ect. We are looking for an eager student who is social and creative with experience in journalism, graphic design, marketing, and communications. This position will be adapted to some degree to the student’s abilities, talents, and capabilities in line with our needs in mind. Duties to Include:
- Lead the company in a Social Media Aspects and help implement and maintain our social media
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of our website/Implement and help with our Companies Marketing
- Website Updates
- Help Implement a Wellness Program for our company
- Work with Events/Quarterly Meetings/and Customer Welcomes
- RFP’s, Presentations, and Lunch and Learns:
- Delivered Proposals
- Customer Welcomes
- Banners and other Product Packets
Norby’s Work Perks is aware that the duties listed below are comparable of a full time position and we are not requiring that every aspect be met. This will be a trial experiment for us to see if this type of position is warranted at our company. It will provide an excellent opportunity for an internship to gain valuable experience at a great place to work. Hours and Compensation will be talked about at the time of interview.
If you are interested, please contact Matt Norby at 701.746.9441 or 218.791.9439
Internship, Truyu Aesthetic Center
Truyu Aesthetic Center Internship Opportunity:
The intern at Truyu Aesthetic Center will assist the manager at Truyu with social media, coordination of special events, planned communication and 3 special projects that are determined jointly with the intern and manager.
These Activities Include: creating a social media calendar, working with our graphic artist to develop web images and placement of these images on our social media sites.
Other Responsibilities: The intern will identify 2-3 topics for creating a blog posting and interview content expert staff at Truyu and create the article to be published on our web page and social media sites. The intern will plan one special event, i.e. open house, skin cancer screening event and create and assist with the execution of this plan. The intern will work with the manager at the start of the internship to identify 2-3 special projects that will be done by the conclusion of the internship.
Examples Include: building a provider portfolio, creating a slide presentation showcasing services, etc.
To Apply: Please contact Julie Edman at email@example.com or by phone 701.780.4279
Marketing/Social Media Intern, BBI International
MARKETING/ SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
BBI International seeks a qualified intern to join our marketing team. BBI International, located in Grand Forks, ND, produces globally recognized events and trade magazines. In addition to the International Biomass Conference & Expo, BBI owns and operates the largest, longest-running ethanol conference in the world—the International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo (FEW)—and the National Advanced Biofuels Conference & Expo, The Bakken Conference & Expo, and the UAS Summit. The company publishes Biomass Magazine, Ethanol Producer Magazine, Pellet Mill Magazine, The Bakken magazine, UAS Magazine and Biodiesel Magazine, as well as a number of ancillary products including maps, directories, e-newsletters and other Web-based industry resources.
- Assist in the management of BBI’s many social networks, generate followers, interact with fans, and keep users informed of upcoming events and news
- Assist in the creation of e-mail campaigns, surveys, print advertisement copy, and online advertisements
- Proofread marketing materials, email campaigns, and directories
- Assist sales staff with lead generation, data management, customer service
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Assist with execution and planning of trade shows
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
BBI International is looking for an undergraduate student who is majoring in sales, marketing, advertising, or communications. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
Length of Internship: Internship will be 3 months: September-November, 10-15 hours/week
Compensation: The intern selected will receive a $2,000 scholarship toward their education.
To Apply: Please apply to Marla Defoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Associate, Dysleximedia
Dysleximedia was created by the founder of the TheCelebrityCafe.com to help companies revamp their marketing efforts and revitalize how they're running an online business. In the past year, Dysleximedia.com has engaged dozens of clients seeking assistance in a variety of areas ranging from CEO Coaching to Analytics/Marketing.
We are looking for a part time employee who is a self-motivated, team player to learn all aspects of the business side of the Web. For certain clients they will be working on projects ranging from: SEO, Social Media, to Analysis, to Promotions.
Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter and be team-oriented.
This position is virtual.
- Post and create content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+
- Work on Message Boards
- Learn the ins and outs of SEO projects
- Create weekly reports
- Promote online projects
- Assist in special projects
- Flexibility to work various shifts remotely.
- Stay on top of social media trends and updates in order to bring in new ideas and keep the brand fresh.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, artistic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Real-word experience planning social media programs
- Knowledge of online media marketing current best practices
- Experience with content management systems
Education: Majors in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
To Apply: Email email@example.com and take a short test to demonstrate your online skills.
Digital Marketing Intern, Onsharp
Digital Marketing Intern
At Onsharp, we’re passionate about what we do. Driven by culture, we work together as a team to solve our client’s unique challenges. As a digital marketing intern, you’ll get hands-on experience finding different ways technology can help our client’s be successful. Working with our team of skilled digital marketing specialists and strategists, you’ll explore many different tech tools and social media tactics. You’ll be encouraged to dream big, take risks, and share your ideas with others.
If you share the same curiosity for digital marketing and want to further your education by learning from some of the most experienced and talented designers, developers, and digital marketers in the industry, then #TeamOnsharp is for you.
What will I be doing?
- Create and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Help identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
- Create quality content for blogs, infographics and social media sites
- Learn inbound marketing tools to track leads and show results
- Use social media to reach marketing objectives
- Keep accurate record of webinars, eBooks, videos and other marketing collateral
- Experience using social media platforms
- Exceptional creative writing and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Practice good judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Ability to interact with many people and absorb multiple interruptions while stay on task
- Strong computer and technology skills
- You learn quickly and love to take on challenging new tasks
- Excellent customer service, research, and organizational skills
- Innovative and results oriented
- Attend college in North Dakota or along the border and have reliable transportation
To apply, please submit the following:
Go to the website to apply- https://www.onsharp.com/careers/digital-marketing-intern/
- Cover letter – include availability
Onsharp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Search Marketing Internship, AdShark Marketing
Search Marketing Internship- http://adsharkmarketing.com/careers/
AdShark Marketing is a strategic digital marketing agency that focuses on driving revenue for our clients by implementing SEO, social media, search, and paid placement strategies.
We are currently seeking a part-time search marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about search marketing.
Why join us?
We are a rapidly growing young digital marketing agency that offers incredible opportunity, flexible schedules, a fun work environment, and a great culture!
Preferred Skills (Not All Required)
- Passionate about search marketing
- In touch with the latest technology and trends
- Experience or familiarity with Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Any coding experience or familiarity with the Google Adwords Individually Qualification Exam
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data and make informed decisions based on that data
- Strong Excel skills and experience/familiarity with pivot tables
- Interest in or experience with optimization and continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Positive Attitude
- Learning and working with advertising platforms
- Keyword research
- Writing ad copy
- Continual campaign optimization
- Monitor, track, and report on campaign performance
- Act as key point of contact
- Build PPC and SEO analysis reports
- Write relevant blog articles
- Work with managers to create and ensure timely delivery of project schedules
- Learning and implementing organic SEO changes and strategies
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself, your skills, experience and why we need you.
AdShark Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.
Digital Creative Intern, AdShark Marketing
Digital Creative Intern- http://adsharkmarketing.com/careers/
AdShark Marketing is a strategic digital marketing agency that focuses on driving revenue for our clients by implementing paid search advertising, social advertising, organic search engine optimization (SEO), other paid placement strategies and conversion-rate optimization.
We are currently seeking a part-time Digital Creative Intern. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about internet marketing. This is a paid internship.
Why Join Us?
We are a rapidly growing young digital marketing agency that offers incredible opportunity, flexible schedules, a fun work environment, and a great culture!
Preferred Skills or Interests
- Passionate about digital creative
- In touch with the latest design technology and trends
- Interested in direct-response/conversion-oriented design
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign and/or other design tools
- Ability to create webpage and landing page wire-frames and designs (.psd files) based on conversion-oriented recommendations.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Design effective Google Display and Facebook Ad creative
- Create website wire-frame and design files (layered Photoshop files) based on conversion-rate optimization and website improvement recommendations
- Develop creative for AdShark & clients content marketing efforts
- Write position and industry related content that engages and educates readers
- Support digital marketing campaigns with killer creative that engages users
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout and adapt designs for mobile experiences
- Learn about conversion-oriented design and conversion-rate optimization
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com. Tell us about yourself, your skills, experience and why we need you.
AdShark Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing Intern, Black Gold Farms
Marketing Intern- Grand Forks, ND
Black Gold Farms invites you to grow with us! At Black Gold, we strive to provide our employee’s work with a purpose. We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
Here at Black Gold Farms, we work hard to ensure that each person that is a part of our team is offered: an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, rewards that include more than earning a salary, impactful work that matters, a culture that includes being a part of our family and values that extend locally and globally.
Black Gold Farms is a fourth-generation, family-owned business founded in 1928 that today operates on a national scale, growing the nation’s best potatoes on nearly 25,000 acres spread across 11 farms in 10 different states. We’re a leading supplier of chip potatoes to America’s largest snack companies, and a growing factor in the fresh sector where our focus is on red potatoes and sweet potatoes – two types that continue to show positive growth as consumers strive to eat healthier.
Our culture places a very high value on honesty, authenticity and service – we say what we do and do what we say. We strive to ensure a family atmosphere and to maintaining a positive employee environment for learning and innovation, with an emphasis on generating greater returns through teamwork powered by skilled and committed individuals. We embrace sustainable practices while producing the highest quality with the lowest costs – not by cutting corners, but by working smarter.
Black Gold Farms in Grand Forks, ND is recruiting for a Marketing Intern. Through the internship, this person will be exposed to many different areas of the marketing profession. Responsibilities will include:
Candidates should be pursuing a Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related degree. Experience with Microsoft Office, social media and strong writing abilities is required. Graphic design and public relations knowledge is preferred.
Black Gold offers a competitive compensation package. Black Gold also offers tuition reimbursement for its interns.
Financial Representative Intern
Flexibility for school
Team support and mentorship
The chance to make an impact
The Northwestern Mutual internship truly has it all.
Financial representative interns ask clients and prospects lots of questions to understand their financial goals. They come up with creative financial solutions. They’re in business for themselves, but they’re never alone. They have support from their team and the company.
Can you envision a life of freedom and calling your own shots?
Looking for a fast-paced, highly productive environment?
Think hard work should be recognized and rewarded?
Want to work for a company with exceptional financial strength?
Then this just may be the internship for you. To be considered, you must be a full-time student at a four-year college or university. We want you to have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and have a history of personal success.
Director of Recruitment