- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Getting Started
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Undergrad Courses
- Online BA
- Internship Program
- Internships & Jobs
Internships and Jobs
Some job or internship opportunities may be posted on the bulletin board outside the Department of Communication office on the third floor of O'Kelly Hall.
UND Career Services provides a list of job opportunities and internships for those in the field of Communication.
Career Connect is a great way to connect students looking for work experience with employers eager to hire ambitious students. To view opportunities through Career Connect, you must set up your profile. You will then be able to search for internships and jobs, as well as receive notifications about internships and jobs that meet your criteria.
UND Career Services Student Employment also posts work study positions, on-campus and off campus positions, and internships.
All students must be approved for internship credit before starting their internship. If you are a student interested in an internship for Communication graduation requirements or are a business or organization with internship opportunities please contact Desi Anderson.
For internships, contact:
Desi Anderson, Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator
Rm 1000 at the former School of Medicine & Health Sciences Building
DAKTRONICS: For Future Intern Opportunities
Communication/Marketing Intern, UND College of Arts & Sciences
The College of Arts & Sciences at the University of North Dakota is the bedrock of the University providing a broad range of programs to support student learning. As a communication/marketing intern you will develop content to support recruitment, retention, and advancement of the college.
Summer 2017 semester dates: May 15 – August 10
Schedule is flexible and may be condensed; credit hours are negotiable as well.
Internship Supervisor: Tanya Butler
(701) 777-6240 office
(701) 213-3113 cell – text okay
SCOPE OF WORK:
The scope of work will include, but is not limited to: inventory of available marketing opportunities in Columbia Hall, develop and implement a marketing and media campaign to including content and design pieces, and create a marketing and media plan for academic year 2017-2018 to support recruitment and development goals of the College. Other duties may include social media management and event planning. Work may also include research and writing for reporting or marketing documents that support the goals of the College. Attendance at events may be necessary.
GOALS for Intern:
You should expect real-world experience to develop professionally and think strategically. You can expect to gain a better understanding of organization policies and learn to create work within the parameters of such policies. You are encouraged to be innovative to cultivate new ideas and to implement those ideas through problem solving, communication and creativity.
Professional, creative, innovative, thoughtful, dependable, responsive. The internship is diverse and flexible so being able to multi-task and problem solve are essential. As the communication/marketing intern, you’ll need to collaborate with team members, but should expect to do the greater part of your work independently. Some graphic design work will be required so experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop or other graphic design software is necessary.
Candidates should submit a sample and description of a design project along with a resume to Tanya Butler at tanya.butler@UND.edu.
The Communication Intern is an emerging leader representing the College of Arts & Sciences and is expected to maintain a level of professionalism at all times while representing the College of Arts & Sciences. This includes being responsive and on time, appropriately dressed, and a positive, friendly attitude.
Note: This internship is not a paid internship.
Managing/Technical Editor, Snow Goer Magazine
Managing/Technical Editor wanted to join our team that produces Snow Goer magazine, the No. 1 magazine in North America covering the great sport of snowmobiling. The ideal candidate would be an active and enthusiastic snowmobiler who could help us not only test and evaluate new snowmobiles but also various aftermarket products and accessories. Also needed are editorial skills, including proven writing and proofreading capabilities and somebody who can keep projects on task and help keep the magazine organized and on schedule through our art and production department, plus the ability to contribute to digital properties including website and social media. This is a full-time, in-office position at EPG Media & Specialty Information, located in Plymouth, Minnesota. If you're a snowmobiler with proven writing skills, you'd be hard-pressed to find a job that's more fun.
- Contribute stories and edit departments and features
- Serve as a lead technical voice in the magazine, including helping to organize, plan and edit product testing and technical departments
- Proofread and fact check all stories for house style and grammar, and see them through the magazine production process
- Write captions, headlines, cover blurbs and pull quotes as needed
- Obtain new products and write new product sections for magazines
- Responsible for regular posting of online content for websites, plus promotions, updates and interaction with readers/consumers on social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Participates in photo shoots
- Work with Art Director to acquire supplemental photography for articles.
- Contribute to other Snow Group projects, including but not limited to our two snowmobile shows/expos
- Compile monthly editorial indices for magazines
- Participate in staff meetings
Experience and Skills:
- Light to moderate lifting (< 50 lbs.), stooping, bending.
- May have to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Time and situational management skills.
- Ability to comprehend magazine production schedule.
- Ability to travel, including weekends, to industry events and tests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to comprehend general instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write non-technical correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Willingness to accept additional tasks, duties and/or direction from management.
- Strict adherence to deadlines.
- Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in newspaper or magazine editing environment, or other proven writing/editing situational work.
- Proficient in grammar and punctuation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
EPG Media and Specialty Information (previously known as Ehlert Publishing/Affinity/GS Media) is a 70-person company based in Plymouth that produces magazines, websites and events serving the interesting motorcycle, snowmobile, boating, powersports, licensed beverage, landscaping, fuel oil and other niche markets. We offer competitive salary, an array of benefits and a fun, positive work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Go to the application on Indeed.com for the Managing/Technical Editor position
or send your resume to:
Mark Rosacker - Sales Director
Snow Goer magazine
Powersports Business magazine
Big East Powersports Show – Syracuse, NY
Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Expo – Denver, CO
Video Production, Hoist
The journalism / media production position will work for Hoist. The job will require the student to assist with the following marketing efforts:
- Creating new and exciting testimonial video / film that market the company’s mission/ philosophy, along with the client’s review of the product.
- Producing, directing & shooting (including lighting and sound) with excellence.
- Taking photos and/or short videos throughout the client’s business.
- Managing video and photography digital file archives.
- Meeting and interviewing business owners about their experiences with Hoist Liftruck.
In addition to these duties, the Video Production position will have opportunity to work with other staff members in Marketing and Graphic Design.
The Video Production position will gain a good understanding of how chambers of commerce work.
Other tasks include working at various locations, assisting with the creation of electronic/digital marketing materials as well as gaining a strong resume builder.
This is a paid position. Wages are 15$ an h/r capped at 5 hours of work.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of videography
- Proficiency in using video editing software
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Ability to see a project from the beginning to end and to meet deadlines is critical
- Well organized with a specific understanding of how to manage digital files
- Demonstrated knowledge of video equipment and editing software
- Must have good understanding of what makes a compelling video story, photograph, print piece and digital asset
- Access to video equipment, through school or personal means, is required
To Apply: Please email a resume and basic portfolio for review to Nolan.King.email@example.com.
Be prepared to discuss up to 2 video projects that you've completed independently. Consider how your video made an impact on the end-user and how you used video to communicate an intended message.
Event Coordinator, UND Alumni Association Foundation, Grand Forks
POSITION TITLE: Event Coordinator (Non-Exempt-Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Engagement & Alumni Relations
The Event Coordinator will plan and execute events on behalf of the UND Alumni Association & Foundation and Gorecki Alumni Center. The event coordinator must have superior customer service and interpersonal skills as this position is required to represent our organization at many functions including on-campus events, local, regional and national events, Gorecki Alumni Center events and other events as assigned. The event coordinator will work as part of a team in a collaborative and fast paced environment. This position requires a flexible work schedule with the availability to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Serve as the event coordinator for Gorecki Alumni Center events to assist clients with all aspects of events including date, time, room set up, equipment, technology needs, catering services, security, etc. Utilize software and checklists to direct pre and post-event processes to ensure that event execution and services provided meet the clients’ needs and events are run efficiently. Effectively handle last-minute changes or requests while also using resources and skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Assist with coordination and execution of the UND AA & F special event program that features signature and high-impact special events that further organizational goals and objectives. Events include but not be limited to athletic events, Homecoming/Sioux Awards, donor recognition events, Gorecki Alumni Center events, alumni and/or donor socials, regional events, and the UND Champions Ball.
- Assist with planning, organizing and staging of events, pre-event set-up, post event clean-up, registration and follow up reports, event evaluation, budget management and post-event assessment processes.
- Manage registration lists and initiate attendee contact as required (confirmation letters, tickets, nametags, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: 1 plus years of event planning or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstations, including keyboard and visual display terminal.
- Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity.
- Ability to see, read, and comprehend written materials.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational skills and strong sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, analytical, planning, and implementation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and project management experience
- Ability to work in groups and independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Appropriate professional image
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated and confident
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to work with and motivate students and/or volunteers
To apply: Apply through student employment jobs here:
Enterprise Holdings Sales Management Trainee Intern, Grand Forks
Enterprise Holdings Sales Management Trainee Intern
Job ID: 185334
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Internships play an integral role in the success of Enterprise and are a comprehensive introduction to our Management Training Program. For a college student, real-world professional business experience can put you above the rest when you enter the job market.
It's Business 101 on 10 cups of coffee
Our interns go at a highly energized pace. From day one as a paid intern with Enterprise, you'll learn what it takes to run a successful business and acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of operating a business. And it's learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our college interns take on the same challenges as our first and second year full-time professionals. It's a team-based environment where the Enterprise employees are supportive and fun to work with.
When you join our Management Internship Program, you'll acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of running a successful business. You'll soon discover that every day is different because it is filled with so many new, exciting, rewarding and often unexpected challenges. There is one consistent aspect, however - everyday, you'll learn more about sales/marketing, customer service, business management, and administrative skills than you ever thought possible.
At Enterprise, you won't be a glorified gopher getting coffee or filing all day. Our interns go at the same energized pace and take on the same challenges and responsibilities as our Management Trainees.
Not only is it a paid internship program, but interns may also be eligible for performance incentives and employee referral rewards. The business training you'll receive will be an amazing jump-start to your career.
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior enrolled full time for the up coming semester in a college or university.
- Must have 6 months of sales (business to business, commission based or quota based) or customer service or marketing or management experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on your record in the past 5 years (i.e., DUI, DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- 10-12 week commitment with the availability to start in May.
Paid Intern, UND's Dakota Student newspaper
We are currently seeking interns for the spring 2017 semester at the Dakota Student, UND’s student newspaper.
Intern duties will include:
- Assisting with layout and design at newspaper production twice a week.
- Helping develop, write and edit content for the paper.
- Advising the editorial staff on newspaper production and articles.
- Managing and assigning stories to writers.
This is a paid internship ($7.25 an hour), and duties will be very similar to that of our editors. Interns will have the flexibility to pursue different roles at the paper depending on their interests, including reporting, editing, graphic design and photography. Additionally, interns will have the option to work on a variety of sections of the paper, including news, opinion, sports and features.
Ideally interns would be able to work at least 12 hours a week, with most of their time being allocated to production on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. If need be, the amount of credit and time commitment can be changed to suit the student’s schedule, workload and credit requirements.
Experience with InDesign and Photoshop is preferred but not required.
Interns will work directly with the editorial staff and will report to the Editor-in-chief.
To apply please email your resume and a writing sample to Nick Sallen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Intern, Lake Region State College
Lake Region State College in Devils Lake is seeking an intern to work in its Advancement & Communications Office. An intern position is available in spring, summer, or fall semester. Internship is paid and flexible with student schedule.
Celebrating its 75th year, Lake Region State College serves a vital role in the community, region, state, and nation for preparing students for success. We serve students wishing to start the first half of a bachelor’s degree to students eager to enter the workforce in the areas of technology, health care, energy, business, law enforcement, and many more trades and technical areas. For more information: www.LRSC.edu
This position would work in all areas, including media release creation and distribution; coordination of social media content; web content development; internal communications; and more.
- Coordinate media outreach by developing and distributing communications that can be used to target desired audiences utilizing the right spectrum of media including, web, social media, traditional media, and other communication pieces
- Assist director of marketing/communications with college marketing needs both web and nonweb based, including news releases, promotional literature, photos, etc…
- Carry out college’s social networking marketing strategies
- Research best strategies for communicating with various college audiences
- Work closely with web team to understand overall structure, style guidelines and technical requirements and timelines for development and implementation of communications
- Assist other areas of college, along with the Director of Marketing & Communications, to meet the communications, public relations, and marketing needs of all college area
- Events promotion and assist at special events with photography, video, or other tasks
Interested applicants should contact Erin Wood, Director of Development & Community Relations
(701) 662-1598 (office)
(701) 739-4813 (mobile)
Event and Marketing Intern, Grand Forks Downtown Development Association: Deadline April 17
Event and Marketing Intern
What We Want
The Grand Forks Downtown Development Association’s vision is a downtown that is stable and growing; encourages economic development and business diversity; is walkable and pedestrian friendly; and is safe and clean. This is a downtown in which business, residents and visitors can take pride, visit frequently, and use to its fullest potential.
Are We Looking For You?
As the event and marketing intern, you’ll be at the heart of helping drive events and marketing campaigns for the Downtown Development Association! As an integral part of the team, you'll be expected to be involved at all levels, including updating social media platforms, photography, writing for various mediums, designing advertising/marketing materials, event planning assistance and execution, and website updates.
This job is extremely diverse and being able to multi-task is essential. The event and marketing intern will help with:
- Assisting in pre-event preparations
- Assisting in planning and executing events
- Help create a volunteer database
- Monitor and report on social media platforms
- Offering ideas and assisting with driving online traffic through the website and social media platforms
- Taking photographs and helping design marketing materials
Just A Snapshot Of What’s Waiting For You
- Art & Wine Walk
- Blues on the Red
- Downtown Clean Up Days
- Street Fair
- Decorating Town Square
- Holiday Parade
- Town Square Ice Skating Rink
- Downtown Beautification
- Downtown Art Efforts
- Contributing Partner Promotion
- And so much more!
Who’s The Boss?
The Downtown Development Association is overseen by a board of directors. There are 14 members on the board and it is made up of very passionate and knowledgeable business owners, presidents, vice presidents and entrepreneurs from Grand Forks. The daily operations are run by the executive director, who's responsible for all aspects of events, fundraising, management, marketing, advertising, and relationship building for the organization. The event and marketing intern will report to the executive director.
While many event and marketing intern positions are office based, this role will have you out-and-about often! You won’t be tied to a desk because you’ll be involved with, but not limited to visiting downtown businesses, checking out event spaces, taking photos for marketing purposes, and of course, working day-of events. You must have a willingness to work outdoors and on event weekends.
We are looking for an intern that can work 10-30 hours a week between May to August (we would work with a school schedule). Hours are flexible, but it is required that the hours are consistent from week to week. For instance, each day may be different times, but those times remain the same each week. (ex. MWF 10-1, Tu,Th 8-Noon).
The event and marketing sector is competitive and if you have great internal drive and a passion for downtowns, then this is the perfect stepping stone to a great career! With numerous possibilities of making high-profile connections, the Downtown Development Association has a lot to offer. Come be a part of our team and see where it takes you!
Successful event and marketing interns have a lot of energy and initiative, are driven, ambitious, and bursting with ideas. These skill sets will be necessary:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Work in a team environment without issue
- Can work under pressure and frustration free
Show Us What You’ve Got!
First and foremost, you’ve got to have passion for something. If you’re just looking for a place to go every day, we aren’t that job. We are looking for passionate people who love their community, are willing to get their hands dirty (literally) to improve their community, and who love Downtown Grand Forks. A well-written cover letter and resume are required to be considered for the position.
Computer And Creativity-Savvy
We need an intern that has strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point). Skills that would be helpful, but are not required include website maintenance (WordPress), social media management, design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign). Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
Apply: Send your cover letter and resume describing why you would best fit this opportunity to Sarah Prout, Executive Director DDA.
Send to: sarah.downtowngrandforks.org or by mail: GFDDA, 200 1st Ave N
Paid Internship for College Credit, iHeartMedia Grand Forks
College Internship Description:
The iHeartMedia Internship Program (paid and for college credit) has been designed to provide qualified college and university undergraduate students with in-depth exposure to the radio broadcasting and digital operations at iHeartMedia. The internship offers the opportunity to explore career interests, network with professionals, develop an understanding of the broadcasting industry and have some fun while learning. Interns may choose to rotate through departments including Programming, News & Community Affairs, Production, Media Integration, Online/Web Development, Digital Video, Digital Design and Sales departments or to focus on a particular department (subject to operational capabilities). Completion of the internship program does not entitle you to or guarantee employment with the company.
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques, and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. iHeartMedia serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets and smartphones, and on gaming consoles. iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events such as the iHeartRadio Music Festival, program syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (OTCBB: IHRT), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at iHeartMedia.com .
While working around your class and other work schedules, our Intern Program promises to offer you a wide variety of experiences in the radio industry. During your internship, your duties will include (but not limited to):
XL93 Morning Show:
- In studio during the main hours of the show
- Offer comments when appropriate
- Participating in stunts, in and out of studio
- Participating in games (i.e. Are You Smarter Then the Intern?)
XL93 Morning Show Prep:
- Guest scheduling
- Prep for stunts – run errands, buy supplies, make signage, prep vehicles, etc.
- Work with Adobe Photoshop to resize and touch up pictures
- Make web banners
- Search for graphics
- Place items on XL93 website (under supervision)
- Answer phones
- Handle prize winners
- Inventory prizes
- Keep prize closet clean and organized
- File winner slips/paperwork
- File contracts
- Clean office area
- Assist with mail sorting, package mailings, postage, etc.
- Assist in recording audio for promos
- Assist in ad production as needed
- Keep proposal shelves stocked and organized
- Assist Traffic Manager with filing contracts and moving logs to storage
- Assist Account Executives with event set up – running errands, faxes, copy writing, go-betweens.
- Go to sales meetings
- Make gift certificates, proposals, other forms as needed
- Assist with events – ideas, planning, equipment, maintaining station vehicles, and signage
- Assist Promotions Director – help organize office/storage area
- Misc. typing – help with print projects, copy writing
- Take digital pictures at events
- Work with Macintosh and PC programs
- Quark, MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MS Access, MS Excel
Interns must also work a minimum of 2 remote broadcasts per month.
While working remote broadcasts your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Haul and set up equipment
- Drive station vehicles to and from venues
- Assist in life radio breaks during events
- Assist jock in entertaining public
- Getting people signed up for contests
- Organizing Meet and Greats
- Organizing back stage events at concerts
- Crowd Control
Applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old
- enrolled full time in an accredited college or university
- able to provide a letter from that college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for the internship
Interested students should submit a resume and cover letter.
Students must turn in an application along with their resume and cover letter. Click here to download the application.
Please drop it off at: 505 University Avenue Grand Forks (across from Central High School downtown)
or email Sarah at email@example.com
Video Game Journalism, Mount Vernon, WA: Available Year Round
Position: 11 full-time, unpaid
Odd Tale Studios (www.oddtalestudios.com) is a growing cloud based company that provides news across multiple platforms, which include video games, anime and movies. Currently our main focus is on video games news and entertainment. Our goal is to have an inclusive platform that promotes women and people of color in the industry and at home.
Odd Tale Studios will utilize social media marketing (SMM) to not only deliver news to our audience but to start a conversation with them. Our articles and videos are the starting point for those conversations. Through SMM our audience can not only hear our voice but be given one themselves .
We're looking for interns who want the experience and know-how of working as a video game journalist. We are small but you can learn the basics of SMM as well as start to build up your press contacts and rapport . If you like what we're doing and believe in it and want to help us grow, then we'd love to have you as a part of our team.
Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor. - Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports; - Marketing your articles via social media -Making and maintaining PR contacts - Work on special projects, as needed
Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts. - Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills - Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
Required - English, Microsoft Word, Writing
Preferred - WordPress
To Apply: Follow this link.
Sales and Management Intern, Buckle, Grand Forks
Description: It’s often said that experience is life’s best teacher, and as a Buckle Intern, you’ll get exactly that—a challenging, hands-on retail experience, with exposure to different areas of our business—from merchandising and sales to recruiting and educating. Because learning from your experience is so important, you can join Buckle’s Internship Program and earn college credits as early as your sophomore year. This three to four month position is part-time with seasonal variable hours. Working as a valuable member of the sales team, you’ll gain an understanding of how the business works, what it takes to excel, and whether you’d like to further a career with Buckle in our Management Trainee Program. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, with a keen interest in fashion, strong communication skills, and a desire to succeed.
Working as part of the Buckle Team, you will be:
Buckle’s entrepreneurial environment means that you are empowered to initiate your own learning and can continually take your career to the next level. To be successful, you must have an eagerness to learn, a willingness to work hard and a goal-oriented attitude.
At Buckle, every day is different. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on your feet, and be willing to learn from others.
At Buckle, we’re passionate about our work, our products, and especially our people. Because you are a direct reflection of our Company, you must possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
Building long-lasting relationships with our Guests and providing exceptional service is our first priority. You must have the ability to interact with all types of Guests, listen to their unique needs, and suggest the right mix of merchandise to help them express their individual style.
From the art of sales to the fundamentals of fashion, there’s a lot to discover at Buckle. You must be a fast learner who can take your newfound knowledge and put into action-right there on the sales floor.
Buckle offers competitive wages, a flexible schedule, and a generous employee discount.
Part-time Interns will work approximately 25 hours per week, with seasonal variable hours. (Please note that hours are issued based upon performance and our scheduling needs, so it is possible your hours may fluctuate.)
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, citizenship, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state or federal law.
Qualifications: Click here to review the essential job functions.
Primary Location: Columbia Mall - 84, Grand Forks, North Dakota
News Director, KROX Radio, Crookston, MN
Location: Crookston, MN
Position: News Director
Full Time: Hours vary
The News Director is responsible for shaping the overall vision of the news product in terms of content.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Identify issues, stories, and topics relevant to the KROX listening audience.
- Provide 24/7 leadership and guidance as needed during breaking news and special emergency situations.
- Write and develop news stories that will resonate with KROX listeners and website visitors.
- The News Director will be asked to take pictures, video and get audio clips.
If you have an interest in local government, schools, and anything happening in the area, this is the job for you.
*Willing to hire at the end of the semester, or do an internship in the spring with the possibility of hiring after the internship!
To Apply: Stop by KROX (208 South Main Street) to pick up an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and for more information.
Sales/Marketing Intern, Alerus Center
TITLE: Sales/Marketing Intern
DEPARTMENT: Alerus Center
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly)
APPROVED DATE: August 2016
LOCATION: Grand Forks, ND
The Sales/Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting with related sales functions for all conventions, meetings and social events. The person in the position of Sales /Marketing Intern must possess and demonstrate the following values:
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Integrity and Trust: Is dedicated to consistently sharing information; fostering open and clear discussions; establishing and communicating expectations, standards and rules and takes responsibility for our work and actions.
- Respect and Communication: Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, non-defensive and appropriate communication; presents information in a concise and understandable format; understands and values the roles and responsibilities of co-workers; works collaboratively with others to achieve objectives; adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Teamwork and Appreciation: Is flexible and supports the diverse personal and professional needs of fellow co-workers; celebrates personal and organization achievements; welcomes differences of opinion and accepts decisions reached; works cooperatively with others in accomplishment of joint tasks; and contributes to a positive work environment through fostering collaboration and providing tangible contributions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following.
- Attends weekly event planning meetings with Operations staff and Food & Beverage staff.
- Provides accurate event billing information for proper invoicing of client.
- Issues contract paperwork.
- Distributes evaluation and thank you inquiries, including facility packet inserts to clients.
- Provides appropriate communications to customers/clients/guests regarding events.
- Conducts site tours/visits with potential clients.
- Collects and compiles competition comparisons regarding services, catering, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of marketing principles and practices including public and media relations, promotional and sales development; knowledge of organizational principles and project management. Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers, fax and e-mail.
- Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to engage in public speaking.
- Abilities: Assist with organizing and executing various projects; analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals and projects; prioritize, organize and perform work with general supervision and under pressure; effectively assist with department activities, functions and assignments; assist with the implementation of community relations and public relations projects and programs; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Experience: Exposure to marketing principles and practices including public and media relations, promotional and sales development. Exposure to organizational principles and project management.
- Training: Working toward a degree (junior or senior year) in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Environmental and Physical Conditions: Office environment; works with computers; traveling to different sites as required; Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Business Development/Graphic Design, Norby's Works Perks
Job Description: Business Development/Graphic Design
Norby’s Works Perks is seeking an internship position from a University of North Dakota student. This position will focus mainly on business development through graphic design, marketing, social media, website maintenance, ect. We are looking for an eager student who is social and creative with experience in journalism, graphic design, marketing, and communications. This position will be adapted to some degree to the student’s abilities, talents, and capabilities in line with our needs in mind. Duties to Include:
- Lead the company in a Social Media Aspects and help implement and maintain our social media
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of our website/Implement and help with our Companies Marketing
- Website Updates
- Help Implement a Wellness Program for our company
- Work with Events/Quarterly Meetings/and Customer Welcomes
- RFP’s, Presentations, and Lunch and Learns:
- Delivered Proposals
- Customer Welcomes
- Banners and other Product Packets
Norby’s Work Perks is aware that the duties listed below are comparable of a full time position and we are not requiring that every aspect be met. This will be a trial experiment for us to see if this type of position is warranted at our company. It will provide an excellent opportunity for an internship to gain valuable experience at a great place to work. Hours and Compensation will be talked about at the time of interview.
If you are interested, please contact Matt Norby at 701-746-9441 or 218-791-9439
Internship, Truyu Aesthetic Center
Truyu Aesthetic Center Internship Opportunity:
The intern at Truyu Aesthetic Center will assist the manager at Truyu with social media, coordination of special events, planned communication and 3 special projects that are determined jointly with the intern and manager.
These Activities Include: creating a social media calendar, working with our graphic artist to develop web images and placement of these images on our social media sites.
Other Responsibilities: The intern will identify 2-3 topics for creating a blog posting and interview content expert staff at Truyu and create the article to be published on our web page and social media sites. The intern will plan one special event, i.e. open house, skin cancer screening event and create and assist with the execution of this plan. The intern will work with the manager at the start of the internship to identify 2-3 special projects that will be done by the conclusion of the internship.
Examples Include: building a provider portfolio, creating a slide presentation showcasing services, etc.
To Apply: Please contact Julie Edman at email@example.com or by phone 701.780.4279
Marketing/Social Media Intern, BBI International
MARKETING/ SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
BBI International seeks a qualified intern to join our marketing team. BBI International, located in Grand Forks, ND, produces globally recognized events and trade magazines. In addition to the International Biomass Conference & Expo, BBI owns and operates the largest, longest-running ethanol conference in the world—the International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo (FEW)—and the National Advanced Biofuels Conference & Expo, The Bakken Conference & Expo, and the UAS Summit. The company publishes Biomass Magazine, Ethanol Producer Magazine, Pellet Mill Magazine, The Bakken magazine, UAS Magazine and Biodiesel Magazine, as well as a number of ancillary products including maps, directories, e-newsletters and other Web-based industry resources.
- Assist in the management of BBI’s many social networks, generate followers, interact with fans, and keep users informed of upcoming events and news
- Assist in the creation of e-mail campaigns, surveys, print advertisement copy, and online advertisements
- Proofread marketing materials, email campaigns, and directories
- Assist sales staff with lead generation, data management, customer service
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Assist with execution and planning of trade shows
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
BBI International is looking for an undergraduate student who is majoring in sales, marketing, advertising, or communications. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
Length of Internship: Internship will be 3 months: September-November, 10-15 hours/week
Compensation: The intern selected will receive a $2,000 scholarship toward their education.
To Apply: Please apply to Marla Defoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Associate, Dysleximedia
Dysleximedia was created by the founder of the TheCelebrityCafe.com to help companies revamp their marketing efforts and revitalize how they're running an online business. In the past year, Dysleximedia.com has engaged dozens of clients seeking assistance in a variety of areas ranging from CEO Coaching to Analytics/Marketing.
We are looking for a part time employee who is a self-motivated, team player to learn all aspects of the business side of the Web. For certain clients they will be working on projects ranging from: SEO, Social Media, to Analysis, to Promotions.
Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter and be team-oriented.
This position is virtual.
- Post and create content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+
- Work on Message Boards
- Learn the ins and outs of SEO projects
- Create weekly reports
- Promote online projects
- Assist in special projects
- Flexibility to work various shifts remotely.
- Stay on top of social media trends and updates in order to bring in new ideas and keep the brand fresh.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, artistic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Real-word experience planning social media programs
- Knowledge of online media marketing current best practices
- Experience with content management systems
Education: Majors in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
To Apply: Email email@example.com and take a short test to demonstrate your online skills.
Digital Marketing Intern, Onsharp
Digital Marketing Intern
At Onsharp, we’re passionate about what we do. Driven by culture, we work together as a team to solve our client’s unique challenges. As a digital marketing intern, you’ll get hands-on experience finding different ways technology can help our client’s be successful. Working with our team of skilled digital marketing specialists and strategists, you’ll explore many different tech tools and social media tactics. You’ll be encouraged to dream big, take risks, and share your ideas with others.
If you share the same curiosity for digital marketing and want to further your education by learning from some of the most experienced and talented designers, developers, and digital marketers in the industry, then #TeamOnsharp is for you.
What will I be doing?
- Create and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Help identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
- Create quality content for blogs, infographics and social media sites
- Learn inbound marketing tools to track leads and show results
- Use social media to reach marketing objectives
- Keep accurate record of webinars, eBooks, videos and other marketing collateral
- Experience using social media platforms
- Exceptional creative writing and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Practice good judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Ability to interact with many people and absorb multiple interruptions while stay on task
- Strong computer and technology skills
- You learn quickly and love to take on challenging new tasks
- Excellent customer service, research, and organizational skills
- Innovative and results oriented
- Attend college in North Dakota or along the border and have reliable transportation
To apply, please submit the following:
Go to the website to apply- https://www.onsharp.com/careers/digital-marketing-intern/
- Cover letter – include availability
Onsharp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Search Marketing Internship, AdShark Marketing
Search Marketing Internship- http://adsharkmarketing.com/careers/
AdShark Marketing is a strategic digital marketing agency that focuses on driving revenue for our clients by implementing SEO, social media, search, and paid placement strategies.
We are currently seeking a part-time search marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about search marketing.
Why join us?
We are a rapidly growing young digital marketing agency that offers incredible opportunity, flexible schedules, a fun work environment, and a great culture!
Preferred Skills (Not All Required)
- Passionate about search marketing
- In touch with the latest technology and trends
- Experience or familiarity with Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Any coding experience or familiarity with the Google Adwords Individually Qualification Exam
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data and make informed decisions based on that data
- Strong Excel skills and experience/familiarity with pivot tables
- Interest in or experience with optimization and continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Positive Attitude
- Learning and working with advertising platforms
- Keyword research
- Writing ad copy
- Continual campaign optimization
- Monitor, track, and report on campaign performance
- Act as key point of contact
- Build PPC and SEO analysis reports
- Write relevant blog articles
- Work with managers to create and ensure timely delivery of project schedules
- Learning and implementing organic SEO changes and strategies
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself, your skills, experience and why we need you.
AdShark Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.
Digital Creative Intern, AdShark Marketing
Digital Creative Intern- http://adsharkmarketing.com/careers/
AdShark Marketing is a strategic digital marketing agency that focuses on driving revenue for our clients by implementing paid search advertising, social advertising, organic search engine optimization (SEO), other paid placement strategies and conversion-rate optimization.
We are currently seeking a part-time Digital Creative Intern. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about internet marketing. This is a paid internship.
Why Join Us?
We are a rapidly growing young digital marketing agency that offers incredible opportunity, flexible schedules, a fun work environment, and a great culture!
Preferred Skills or Interests
- Passionate about digital creative
- In touch with the latest design technology and trends
- Interested in direct-response/conversion-oriented design
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign and/or other design tools
- Ability to create webpage and landing page wire-frames and designs (.psd files) based on conversion-oriented recommendations.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Design effective Google Display and Facebook Ad creative
- Create website wire-frame and design files (layered Photoshop files) based on conversion-rate optimization and website improvement recommendations
- Develop creative for AdShark & clients content marketing efforts
- Write position and industry related content that engages and educates readers
- Support digital marketing campaigns with killer creative that engages users
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout and adapt designs for mobile experiences
- Learn about conversion-oriented design and conversion-rate optimization
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com. Tell us about yourself, your skills, experience and why we need you.
AdShark Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing Intern, Black Gold Farms
Marketing Intern- Grand Forks, ND
Black Gold Farms invites you to grow with us! At Black Gold, we strive to provide our employee’s work with a purpose. We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
Here at Black Gold Farms, we work hard to ensure that each person that is a part of our team is offered: an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, rewards that include more than earning a salary, impactful work that matters, a culture that includes being a part of our family and values that extend locally and globally.
Black Gold Farms is a fourth-generation, family-owned business founded in 1928 that today operates on a national scale, growing the nation’s best potatoes on nearly 25,000 acres spread across 11 farms in 10 different states. We’re a leading supplier of chip potatoes to America’s largest snack companies, and a growing factor in the fresh sector where our focus is on red potatoes and sweet potatoes – two types that continue to show positive growth as consumers strive to eat healthier.
Our culture places a very high value on honesty, authenticity and service – we say what we do and do what we say. We strive to ensure a family atmosphere and to maintaining a positive employee environment for learning and innovation, with an emphasis on generating greater returns through teamwork powered by skilled and committed individuals. We embrace sustainable practices while producing the highest quality with the lowest costs – not by cutting corners, but by working smarter.
Black Gold Farms in Grand Forks, ND is recruiting for a Marketing Intern. Through the internship, this person will be exposed to many different areas of the marketing profession. Responsibilities will include:
Candidates should be pursuing a Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related degree. Experience with Microsoft Office, social media and strong writing abilities is required. Graphic design and public relations knowledge is preferred.
Black Gold offers a competitive compensation package. Black Gold also offers tuition reimbursement for its interns.
Management/Sales Intern, Sherwin-Williams, Dakota's District
Management / Sales Intern - Dakotas District - (160000W2)
Sherwin-Williams is the largest coatings company in North America, and the third largest in the world. With $11 billion in sales, 4,000+ stores, and 90+ manufacturing and technical centers, we proudly serve customers in over 120 countries. Our 45,000+ employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This PAID internship for college students offers hands-on experience in a wholesale/retail work environment and can lead to career opportunities in management and/or professional outside sales upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to learn basic store operations, gain management skills, and develop sales techniques and customer service skills, as well as increase knowledge in a variety of key business topics such as profit and loss, inventory control, and human resources. Interns will also be exposed to Sherwin-Williams professionals in a variety of functional areas. You'll gain insight on a career in outside sales by traveling with a Sales Representative and spending structured time with your District Management team.
To join our Intern Program, you must have demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales. Bilingual candidates are welcome.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forkllift, etc.).
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
Who We Are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Primary Location: United States-North Dakota-Fargo
Grand Forks, ND
Sioux Falls, SD
US ND Dakotas Dist Office
One North 2nd Street Suite 118 Case Plaza
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2016
Respond By: Jan 1, 2017
Financial Representative Intern
Flexibility for school
Team support and mentorship
The chance to make an impact
The Northwestern Mutual internship truly has it all.
Financial representative interns ask clients and prospects lots of questions to understand their financial goals. They come up with creative financial solutions. They’re in business for themselves, but they’re never alone. They have support from their team and the company.
Can you envision a life of freedom and calling your own shots?
Looking for a fast-paced, highly productive environment?
Think hard work should be recognized and rewarded?
Want to work for a company with exceptional financial strength?
Then this just may be the internship for you. To be considered, you must be a full-time student at a four-year college or university. We want you to have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and have a history of personal success.
Director of Recruitment