- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Getting Started
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Undergrad Courses
- Online BA
- Internship Program
- Internships & Jobs
Internships provide students with practical experiences in career settings. These experiences often allow interns to apply the knowledge gained through coursework to professional situations. Academic and practical instruction are vital parts of the education process and should complement and support each other.
Students planning an internship must remember that the employer invests time and effort supervising and training interns. Services of value are expected in return. The internship is a reciprocal arrangement: students exchange their work in return for on-the-job training, work experience and contacts. Students are expected to treat the internship as a job.
Students must be approved by the Internship Coordinator before starting an internship for credit.
- Students must be junior or senior status.
- Students must have completed Comm 102, 103, 110, and 200.
- Students must complete 150 hours to earn 3 credits needed for their major (50 hours = 1 cr, 100 hours = 2 cr).
- After students accept an internship, they must complete the Student Internship Online Form to be reviewed and approved for their internship.
- Requirements for the internship course include journaling, completing the contract and time sheet with the supervisor's signature, and evaluations completed by the supervisor.
- Students can earn up to 6 credits but no more than 3 credits in a semester.
- Students must meet deadlines in order to receive credit.
Deadline to submit Spring 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on December 30.
Deadline to submit Summer 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on May 12.
Deadline to submit Fall 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on August 11.
If you are a student interested in an internship opportunity for Communication graduation requirement or are a business/organization with an internship opportunity please contact:
Desi Anderson, Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator
Rm 1000 at the former School of Medicine & Health Sciences Building
Follow this link for jobs and internship opportunities in Communication