- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
- Getting Started
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Undergrad Courses
- Online BA
- Internship Program
- Internships & Jobs
Internships provide students with practical experiences in career settings. These experiences often allow interns to apply the knowledge gained through coursework to professional situations. Academic and practical instruction are vital parts of the education process and should complement and support each other.
Students planning an internship must remember that the employer invests time and effort supervising and training interns. Services of value are expected in return. The internship is a reciprocal arrangement: students exchange their work in return for on-the-job training, work experience and contacts. Students are expected to treat the internship as a job.
Students need to be approved by the Internship Coordinator, Desi Anderson, prior to starting an internship for credit.
- Students must be junior or senior status
- Students must have completed Comm 102, 103, 110, and 200
- Students must complete 150 hours to earn 3 credits needed for their major (50 hours = 1 cr, 100 hours = 2 cr)
- Students can earn up to 6 credits but no more than 3 credits in a semester
Students need to follow these steps once they have accepted an internship:
- Complete the student internship online form for the semester you are completing your internship (link to form are below)
- Report your internship through Career Connect- http://und.edu/student-life/careers/coop-internship.cfm
- Once you have reported your internship, an email will be sent to the student on how to submit their internship objectives through Career Connect
Permission numbers will be granted once all steps are completed.
Requirements for the internship course include:
- Objectives completed through Career Connect
- Timesheet with completed hours
- Final evaluation completed by the internship supervisor
- Evaluation completed by the student
Internship Online Forms:
Deadline to submit Spring 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on December 30.
Deadline to submit Summer 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on May 12.
Deadline to submit Fall 2017 Student Internship Online Form is 12:00 p.m. on August 11.
If you are a student interested in an internship opportunity for Communication graduation requirement or are a business/organization with an internship opportunity please contact:
Desi Anderson, Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator
Columbia Hall Rm 1000
Follow this link for jobs and internship opportunities in Communication