- Areas of Study
- About A&S
- Faculty & Staff
- Cultural Initiatives
- Research Initiatives
College of Arts & Sciences Probation Program
As a student pursuing a degree in the College of Arts & Sciences, it is important that you take the steps necessary to improve your academic performance. We are committed to helping you connect with the appropriate resources on campus as well as helping you reach your academic goals.
Students on academic probation have had a probation hold placed on your account which will prohibit you from registering for courses the next semester. The hold will be removed when the following are completed:
- Please complete the Obstacles Survey.
- After submitting the obstacles survey, please make an appointment with me to discuss obstacles to your academic success.
- You may meet with me or an A&S Peer Mentor to discuss your obstacles. We may require that you utilize specific resources on campus following your meeting. Some of these (i.e., you are not required to engage in all of these options) may include
- FOCUS 2 Online Career Assessment
- Career Counseling
- UND Financial Wellness Services
- On-Campus Tutoring
- Online Tutoring: SmartThinking accessed via Blackboard
- Completing a Study Skills Assessment
- Completing an appointment at the Psychological Services Center (PSC) or Counseling Center
- Completing an appointment with the Writing Center
- Completing an appointment with the Dean of Students office
- Other: To be determined by your advisor
- After you engaged in the opportunities required, complete and submit the Completion Survey.
A Success Plan will be assigned to you in Starfish so that your advisor(s) and/or mentor(s) are able to track your progress and remove your hold efficiently.